• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Derby County matchday thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great! Just what we wanted...another day of rain. Having been misty and damp all morning it's now started raining again to add to the 5mm of rain we had overnight. Wind is SW, and not blowing very hard, but enough to turn the actual 12c into a 'feels like' 10. There's 100% light grey cloud cover , and visibility is limited. On the optimistic side the barometer indicates it could dry up later. I'll update at around 18:00, but advanced warning for anyone trvelling from Exmouth, the A376 is closed, and there's an (enormously long) signed diversion, so train might be a good idea. Mind you, Pinhoe Road travel is none too speedy either!
Yep, temporary traffic lights outside the Bowling Green, yesterday.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shock news as Bristol Rovers fan says one of our players is sh1t. Caldwell Out!
Tiresome response. Do we all have to be in the always positive or always negative camp and have a permanent partisan argument? I'm just saying I'm expecting a very good technical player who isn't the most athletic. Which would be quite similar to Tom Carrol. That doesn't mean sh1t. The fact he's dubbed the "ginger Pirlo" would attest to where his qualities lie. From what I've seen of his passing ability, I doubt he'd be playing league one football if he was also covering every blade of grass.

We'll see how good he is and at which aspects of the game soon enough, won't we. I'm anticipating a deep lying technician.

denzel

Great! Just what we wanted...another day of rain. Having been misty and damp all morning it's now started raining again to add to the 5mm of rain we had overnight. Wind is SW, and not blowing very hard, but enough to turn the actual 12c into a 'feels like' 10. There's 100% light grey cloud cover , and visibility is limited. On the optimistic side the barometer indicates it could dry up later. I'll update at around 18:00, but advanced warning for anyone trvelling from Exmouth, the A376 is closed, and there's an (enormously long) signed diversion, so train might be a good idea. Mind you, Pinhoe Road travel is none too speedy either!
The diversion is long but it's only closed from the Saddlers to Courtlands Cross so easily swerved via Woodbury.

STURTZ

Tiresome response. Do we all have to be in the always positive or always negative camp and have a permanent partisan argument? I'm just saying I'm expecting a very good technical player who isn't the most athletic. Which would be quite similar to Tom Carrol. That doesn't mean sh1t. The fact he's dubbed the "ginger Pirlo" would attest to where his qualities lie. From what I've seen of his passing ability, I doubt he'd be playing league one football if he was also covering every blade of grass.

We'll see how good he is and at which aspects of the game soon enough, won't we. I'm anticipating a deep lying technician.
Sorry just extremely suspicious of other teams supporters commenting on our players, or manager.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't see this game as a free hit. We need to keep a good run going. If we were to lose two games in a row then the negativity will return.

Not sure if I can listen in or follow the game as I'm flying from Charleston to Newark at the time of the game.

Preview!

Grecian2K

Not sure if I can listen in or follow the game as I'm flying from Charleston to Newark at the time of the game.
Blimey. That's a long flight! 😱
Still, probably wise of you to make sure you get to the East Midlands in good time for the Lincoln game. 😜

tom_ecfc

but advanced warning for anyone trvelling from Exmouth, the A376 is closed, and there's an (enormously long) signed diversion
Via the ecfc training ground! 😎

denzel

I don't see this game as a free hit. We need to keep a good run going. If we were to lose two games in a row then the negativity will return.

Preview!

If we lost it would only be one in a row ;)

Ian webber

Anyone no when the new from halifax is fit

MerleyRed

Anyone no when the new from halifax is fit
I think that we were hoping to get an answer to that one during GC's pre-match presser, but disappointingly the question was not asked.