• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Derby County matchday thread

Bridgy 81

I don’t like this response to any of our performances whether good, or not so.
It strikes me as being disrespectful as even if we’ve lost we’ve put in a lot of effort

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still need 4 wins to avoid relegation battle - can anyone see where we will get 12 points ?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Niskanen - nice guy (so was Matt on Blue Peter) but haven’t seen enough quality since he arrived which merits starting most games
He's the only player we have who can play right wing-back. Not got the best quality on the ball and he's a bit off his best at the minute, but he's not all bad.

supernova

Still need 4 wins to avoid relegation battle - can anyone see where we will get 12 points ?
Easily if we keep moving it about like we did tonight and create chances against sides that aren’t championship level (Derby)

haka

Barnsley, Wigan, Peterborough?

We'll probably lose when we should win and vice-versa. It's hardly mission impossible when so many teams are below City.

cannockred

A better passing performance from city tonite but for all goals, the defence parted like the red sea and sweenz tonight looked like he had giving up crossing the ball for lent.

They were better than us but not much, just more clinical when they got the chances in front of goal

supernova

He's the only player we have who can play right wing-back. Not got the best quality on the ball and he's a bit off his best at the minute, but he's not all bad.
Sorry, it wasn’t a particular dig at the guy, I’m sure he’ll end up being a solid regular, but Rankine is on the bench and looks much more of a threat atm when he’s on the pitch

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Meh, a clinical dicking.

Albumen

Why what are you basing your opinion on? The exciting football we play?
Yes. ‘Played’ - I thought that tonight we played some exciting football.

What else would I be basing it on?

Simba3011

The passing is much improved since turn of the year but agreed there are moments it feels like we could go through the gears a bit
Hopefully Woods can be that player to change the tempo looked more willing to pass forward than Carroll