• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale official matchday thread

Squeezebox

Well that was a fairly miserable start to the Xmas festivities!
No prizes for spotting our lack of any kind of forwards is our (main) problem. Thing is why can't anyone be taught to do it? Just stand in the right place at the right time, stick your boot out and be a hero!
The game was lost because of our inability to finish, Wildshutt, Kite, Aitchison, Trevitt, Aimson and others had chances.
Our midfield are not getting space to shoot in as the oppos can push up on them, we've no strikers to stretch them. Can only hope these mystery targets are brilliant! (With certain limitations of course otherwise they wouldn't be coming here.)
Why didn't Coles play, I thought his set piece delivery might have troubled their defence especially with all those corners we wasted.

And why wasn't Cheik on the bench?

Won't be my first relegation battle!
Cheik unwell apparently.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's such a ***** man... he knows he's safe so is totally milking this and us now..
Him to us
1800.jpg

Red red

Well I went today to collate my own thoughts as I hadn’t been since the Wigan League game.
Were to start
This my opinion other people may diffe
Sinasolo. Didn’t really have a lot to do so personally think he is a good keeper
Ilmari had a average game would’ve like to see him switch wings earlier and more often
Rankin. Very poor
Sweeney. Gave his usual 100 % tried and fought
Aimson. Bottled it got deliberately sent off poor Captain
Jules better at the left of a 3 but still below average
Carroll. Below average. Great at a sideways pass
Trevitt. Plenty of endeavour at least had a good effort second half.
Kite personally my mom. Battled hard would start him every week
Aitchson. Below average
Wildschut. Again ran Kite close battled hard and look a threat more than most.
Scott battled with no service
Harper tried
Taylor below average
Overall another disappointing game
Port Vale were not very good but they didn’t need to be.
Our corner routines were appalling and why was Scott our main striker outside the box at corners
Trying to be objective we are not going anywhere but down at the moment the way we are playing.
But our board didn’t back Caldwell in the summer so now coming home to roost.
Supposedly we own our club but we all no we don’t.
Don’t think Caldwell going anywhere but Tagg and his merry men should go with him.
To finish I went today with positivity but even the most positive person I go no longer believes
As Private Fraser says we’re all doomed

grecIAN Harris

Not that it will make any difference but I've just seen the highlights and quite how the lino didn't see the offside baffles me. As supporters we moan when our strikers don't look along the line and get caught offside, how can a lino who hasn't had to move not be able to see it?????

tom_ecfc

Heard on grapevine we need to find £150k to terminate contract. If I bring a bucket to next game do you think we could start?
Let’s all get smashed and donate the cans to raise some money! 🤣

ryancooper327

Taylor needs to be in the XI. Got more about him than the others. Also, if things are not working please shake up the tactics! Go 4231. Anything!

Cygnus

Changes have to be made after today! Things can’t continue like this, Caldwell is clueless and we are down if he isn’t sacked by Monday. If Taggy and the board won’t act, we as Trust members will have to force the Trust board to take action against the Club board.

I know how we do it is complicated by Trust rules on mentions etc., but we have to force the issue if the club board won’t act themselves and remove Caldwell as Manager.

STURTZ

Well I went today to collate my own thoughts as I hadn’t been since the Wigan League game.
Were to start
This my opinion other people may diffe
Sinasolo. Didn’t really have a lot to do so personally think he is a good keeper
Ilmari had a average game would’ve like to see him switch wings earlier and more often
Rankin. Very poor
Sweeney. Gave his usual 100 % tried and fought
Aimson. Bottled it got deliberately sent off poor Captain
Jules better at the left of a 3 but still below average
Carroll. Below average. Great at a sideways pass
Trevitt. Plenty of endeavour at least had a good effort second half.
Kite personally my mom. Battled hard would start him every week
Aitchson. Below average
Wildschut. Again ran Kite close battled hard and look a threat more than most.
Scott battled with no service
Harper tried
Taylor below average
Overall another disappointing game
Port Vale were not very good but they didn’t need to be.
Our corner routines were appalling and why was Scott our main striker outside the box at corners
Trying to be objective we are not going anywhere but down at the moment the way we are playing.
But our board didn’t back Caldwell in the summer so now coming home to roost.
Supposedly we own our club but we all no we don’t.
Don’t think Caldwell going anywhere but Tagg and his merry men should go with him.
To finish I went today with positivity but even the most positive person I go no longer believes
As Private Fraser says we’re all doomed
Pretty much agree with all of this especially the corner routines, with all of this panto escaped convict routine parading about like a bunch of pricks. Just attack the ball!

Marcus Aurelius

Thanks for your efforts GC, but I think we all need to try something different now: None of this is working - for you or for us. Get back to your family in Manchester and find a nice academy coaching role at a big North West club in the New Year. As for us - we just need to stay up now - however we can - and the first step has to be without you and with a different manager.
Spot on !

Alistair20000

Did I hear that the attendance was 6,000 plus and Jules MOM ?

Shirley not