• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Town. Matchday Thread.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Take a wet wipe next time
The Club should have cleaned it up. We pay enough for the seat.

grecIAN Harris

I must be getting grumpy but I thought both sides were pretty poor tonight. Very few positives, I lost count of the misplaced passes and it would probably have been 0-0 if they had played another hour. Though how the hell did Shrewsbury win 6 games in a row?

The only thing that made me smile was when they announced Key as MoM. :ROFLMAO:
Have a look at the teams they have beaten: Burton, Cambridge, MK Dons, Village Green, Port Vale and Oxford. All very winnable games even for us.

AndyR

My first game since Forest Green at home and can't understand some of the negativity about. Yes Shrewsbury did have the best chance of the game after 10 mins but seemed to spend quite a bit of the match camped in their own half. A draw may have been a fair result but if anyone deserved to shade it, I thought it was us...against a team who had won their last seven?

Of the new signings, I thought Mitchell looked a livewire capable of playing on either side, Aimson looks a very good signing, solid but comfortable on the ball, McDonald was class and White displayed the same silky skills I had seen briefly against FGR. Unfortunately, neither Scott or Nombe could make a difference when they came on. Another 100% shift put in by Stansfield but he desperately needs a goal.

My big worry at the moment is Collins, whose form has fallen off a cliff. I'd love him to prove me wrong in the next few games but he looks every bit like a player who is off in the Summer and is not fully focused on us.

In summary, may not have been the most exciting game but an encouraging performance by us I thought.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have a look at the teams they have beaten: Burton, Cambridge, MK Dons, Village Green, Port Vale and Oxford. All very winnable games even for us.
We've won two league games in a row once this season. Of course, on our day we might be capable of beating any of the teams above, but that's an altogether different proposition to winning six games on the bounce.

Alistair20000

I must be getting grumpy but I thought both sides were pretty poor tonight. Very few positives, I lost count of the misplaced passes and it would probably have been 0-0 if they had played another hour. Though how the hell did Shrewsbury win 6 games in a row?

The only thing that made me smile was when they announced Key as MoM. :ROFLMAO:
I laughed reasonably hard when Josh Key was give MOTM. Bizarre. McDonald for me and nobody else.

Archie seems rather distracted at present and was well below his best.

Stanno not firing either but at least no daft yellow tonight.

Grounds decent in the first half and tried to get forwards

Nombe introduced too late. Scott ineffective.

Like you I was surprised at how poor Shrewsbury were. Dunkley (22) was clumsy and error prone. Saydee (24) seemed good at shirt tugging and nothing more. Bowman contributed next to nothing.

One stunning save from their keeper.

rick whitemore

Caldwell's tactics sometimes are bizarre! I think he tries to be too clever. Our best midfield at right back, Grounds as left back while Caprice, Sweeney and Sparkes are on the bench is ridiculous. I can see why he keeps getting sacked!

Andy Holloway

I endorse this criticism. The concrete foot area of my seat was covered in bird sh!te but fortunately not the seat itself.

The seat in front of mine was covered in the disgusting stuff too but went unoccupied or maybe someone found another seat. Although it was dry it was thoroughly unpleasant. A pre match clean up ought to have been done. I should have mentioned it to a steward really.
The ground is open from 0800 on match days and ECFC can provide you with soapy water and a cloth/ brush it shouldn't take you too long to wash all the SASS seats, oh sorry that's 'someone else's job' not yours!

Melvis

The ground is open from 0800 on match days and ECFC can provide you with soapy water and a cloth/ brush it shouldn't take you too long to wash all the SASS seats, oh sorry that's 'someone else's job' not yours!

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
McDonald for me was MOTM , neat & tidy in possession and certainly looked like he was the classic experienced pro that all clubs need when they’re looking to secure a top half finish,

Kite , Collins and Key despite all being talented boys didn’t have the greatest of nights sadly.

City played very “safe” for me and with 20 mins to go Shrewsbury started running the clock down….

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a ridiculous response! If you stayed in a hotel and the toilet was filthy, would you entertain the idea of cleaning it yourself?!