• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Facts and Figures

footc

Hope tomorrow ends as a win for City and a good cup run follows.

Could you please check the following link and check that the facts and figures regarding Exeter and Exeter City are correct.

This project has been recently launched and has got good reports from football fans around the country. Amy comments or suggestions appreciated

Link is www.footballcities.co.uk

Thanks.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't know if someone is in the process of updating the site but very few of the club links seem to take you to that club. Instead, i seem to be off to Brighton, Norwich or Newcastle most of the time.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know if someone is in the process of updating the site but very few of the club links seem to take you to that club. Instead, i seem to be off to Brighton, Norwich or Newcastle most of the time.
Same problem but in my case it's Carlisle, Brighton and Newcastle.

footc

Must be a Devon thing (gentle ribbing!!!) Over 3000 have visited the site in the past few weeks, across 22 countries, and no one has said this before.

The procedure is you click on the City name which then opens up the City and its Football Club page. Please give it another try. Thanks for raising this legitimate point.

LOG

Must be a Devon thing (gentle ribbing!!!) Over 3000 have visited the site in the past few weeks, across 22 countries, and no one has said this before.

The procedure is you click on the City name which then opens up the City and its Football Club page. Please give it another try. Thanks for raising this legitimate point.
I haven't tested all of them but if i want to look at Fulham, for example, and the site allows me to directly click on Fulham, which it does, then that's what i'll do. Clicking on Fulham though opens up the page for Newcastle.

Rog H K

Isca. It was Isca Dev

Rog H K

There were several Roman places called Isca. Exeter was Isca Dumnoniorum. (The Dumnonii or Dumnones were a British tribe who inhabited Dumnonia, the area now known as Devon and Cornwall).

denzel

Some good stuff in there. A few corrections I spotted:

It's Barnfield Theatre, not Banfield.

It's now the IP Office Stand, not WTS. (Which is also where away fans are seated)

And I'm pretty sure that for most games away fans can collect or buy from the kiosk on St James Road.

Oh, and if you click on the link to Exeter City it takes you to Carlisle

Last edited:

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The grandstand runs only 2/3rds of one side and the big bank is the largest terrace of its kind in the uk...

Fareham Grecian

It doesn't matter whether 'no one has said this before', the truth is it doesn't work. If you click on Exeter City you get Carlisle.