• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Facts and Figures

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh, and away tickets can be bought on the day from the away ticket booth, unless it's advance sales, all ticket of course.

Terryhall

Exeter City hyperlink is definitely pointing to the wrong page - when you hover over the link without clicking, the alt text tells you it will direct you to http://footballcities.co.uk/carlisle/4585651638

Ash

You didn't see my previous replies.

It would appear the rest of the word has sussed the City name is dominant as it is underlined. The club names are subsidiary. The pages are a package,
i.e. City and Football Club. We could have left the club names out but would have caused problems, particularly with the location of the London clubs.

However, will raise this with the designer as I can see this is a possible problem.

Anyway, thanks for all the constructive amendments. Will check out our original sources and alter.

More feedback appreciated.
Oooh, touchy!

Fareham Grecian

Oooh, touchy!
Indeed - not perhaps the smartest move to ask for feedback and then patronise those who give it, particularly when they are correct and you are wrong.

I'll chuck in another two penn'orth that I wouldn't have had the response to feedback been more positive: I think the whole thing is badly written.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
No mention of Timepiece in the clubs section. Is Mozaic still going or did it change its name?

footc

Indeed - not perhaps the smartest move to ask for feedback and then patronise those who give it, particularly when they are correct and you are wrong.

I'll chuck in another two penn'orth that I wouldn't have had the response to feedback been more positive: I think the whole thing is badly written.
Hi all, not meant to be touchy. Having only just launched with over 3500 hits in 238 cities/towns spread across 24 countries feel we are doing OK. The feedback section we have introduced on site seems to confirm that. All problems raised will be corrected, that is the reason for asking.

I did say that I would get back to the designer about the issue raised but as I said it doesn't seem to have been a problem for the other 3000+ visitors.

As far as keeping it up to date you are right, particularly with the managers keep getting sacked. Am glad ours, Chris Hughton, seems stable!!!

Fareham Grecian

Hi all, not meant to be touchy. Having only just launched with over 3500 hits in 238 cities/towns spread across 24 countries feel we are doing OK. The feedback section we have introduced on site seems to confirm that. All problems raised will be corrected, that is the reason for asking.

I did say that I would get back to the designer about the issue raised but as I said it doesn't seem to have been a problem for the other 3000+ visitors.

As far as keeping it up to date you are right, particularly with the managers keep getting sacked. Am glad ours, Chris Hughton, seems stable!!!
You don't think it's a problem that half the links don't work?? Blaming the users for their own stupidity is never a smart move.

My advice to you would be: if you are in a hole, stop digging!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
3000 hits isn't a great deal, especially if you go pimping for them on forums.

The website design is a good 8 or 9 years out of date.

Harsh, but true.

Last edited:

Terryhall

It probably wasnt a problem for the other visitors because they weren't clicking on the Exeter City FC link and getting directed to the page for Carlisle the town. Having the right link point at the right page should really be "job one day one" for a links site of this nature... particularly as its presumably designed to generate ad revenue - and your advertisers will probably want to be sure that (a) their ads are properly targeted to the right geographic audience, and (b) when someone clicks on their ad, it actually links them to the page it's supposed to. Right now I wouldn't be filled with confidence on either of those points.

Agree with Max as well - it's not particularly cutting edge design but good luck with it all the same.

Red Bill

Don't know if it's already been said but the Big bank isn't one of the largest terraced stands in the league, it is 'the' largest terraced (standing only) stand in the country. And the old grandstand isn't the 'original' grandstand, that one burnt down (in the 20s?).