• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Re-United - 24th September

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
almost as bad as those feckin' mindless thousands upon thousands of simpletons that signed a book of condolences for Princess di.
Oi, I signed it twice, and i bought the T shirt, the mug set AND the princess Di dress up doll that says 'fek orf chaaales' when you tip it upside down. Don't be knocking a quality picnic day out young feller.

jmgull

Oi, I signed it twice, and i bought the T shirt, the mug set AND the princess Di dress up doll that says 'fek orf chaaales' when you tip it upside down. Don't be knocking a quality picnic day out young feller.
Well, as long as you didn't cry geoff eh!

SeagullSid

What is it?
A few fans of other clubs turn up to "support" another clubs fans at a home game.

Yuk!.......can't feckin' stand this sort of thing, just a bunch of bloody false do-gooders patting themselves on the back for driving bloody miles and being err.......caring? really what does it achieve?....feck all!

.....nothing worse than false sympathy, almost as bad as those feckin' mindless thousands upon thousands of simpletons that signed a book of condolences for Princess di.
It's not so much a case of "false do-gooders patting themselves on the back" jmgull. For Brighton fans, this is a chance to pay back some of the support we were shown by many clubs in our hour of need 14 years ago at the original Fans United, which incidentally, was the idea of a young 14 year old Plymouth fan.....
“I see the scum FA have now taken 2 points who do they think they are they wouldn’t do this to Man United. It makes me sick what is happening to your club and it’s an insult to your fans. I’m a Plymouth fan and I think that one week when we’re away I`m going to come up and support your protest. I think it would be a good idea if LOADS of fans from different clubs turned up at Brighton (with their shirts on) and joined in it would show that we’re all behind you 100%”
It's certainly not "false sympathy" from us, we've been there, done that, and got the tee-shirt. So, it may be Plymouth today, tomorrow it could be you, us, or any club outside the Premiership, and that's the whole point. Fans Re-United isn't just about Plymouth, it's for fans of all football clubs to show a bit of solidarity, to stand together and say we're fed up with our football clubs being dragged down by people who don't give a sh*t about the game, or the people who love the game, but only care about lining their own pockets.

If you choose not to participate in this event, then I respect that, it's your decision. I can understand the rivalry, I hate Crystal Palace with a passion, but I also understand that at the end of the day, we're all the same, we're all just ordinary people supporting our teams, and when a club like Plymouth are on the brink of extinction, it's time to put things like rivalry into perspective. We had Palace fans at our Fans United day, and we'll be eternally grateful for their support .... we still hate them though, and they still hate us ... that's all part and parcel of being a football fan. Do you really want to see an end to your rivalry? your Devon Derbies? This is what it's all about, and we're not prepared to just sit back and watch it all decay. If we achieve nothing else on the 24th, we'll make sure our voices are heard!

BTW - I didn't sign Princess Diana's book of condolence!

Jersey Tone

I went to your original Fans United days back in 95/96 ish??? Wearing my City shirt too I should add!!

Tobe honest Sid there is a bit of previous between us and Argyle that goes slightly beyond rivalry. I'm sure many Exeter and TUFC fans will embrace the 24th September, just not sure many of them will be posting on the Banter Board!! For some of us their situation is the source of great amusement and hilarity. And it's payback too!!!

Red the Paper

Banned
It's not so much a case of "false do-gooders patting themselves on the back" jmgull. For Brighton fans, this is a chance to pay back some of the support we were shown by many clubs in our hour of need 14 years ago at the original Fans United, which incidentally, was the idea of a young 14 year old Plymouth fan.....

It's certainly not "false sympathy" from us, we've been there, done that, and got the tee-shirt. So, it may be Plymouth today, tomorrow it could be you, us, or any club outside the Premiership, and that's the whole point. Fans Re-United isn't just about Plymouth, it's for fans of all football clubs to show a bit of solidarity, to stand together and say we're fed up with our football clubs being dragged down by people who don't give a sh*t about the game, or the people who love the game, but only care about lining their own pockets.

If you choose not to participate in this event, then I respect that, it's your decision. I can understand the rivalry, I hate Crystal Palace with a passion, but I also understand that at the end of the day, we're all the same, we're all just ordinary people supporting our teams, and when a club like Plymouth are on the brink of extinction, it's time to put things like rivalry into perspective. We had Palace fans at our Fans United day, and we'll be eternally grateful for their support .... we still hate them though, and they still hate us ... that's all part and parcel of being a football fan. Do you really want to see an end to your rivalry? your Devon Derbies? This is what it's all about, and we're not prepared to just sit back and watch it all decay. If we achieve nothing else on the 24th, we'll make sure our voices are heard!

BTW - I didn't sign Princess Diana's book of condolence!
You self deluded tw*t.

F*ck Argyle and f*ck pathetic idiots like yourself

SeagullSid

You self deluded tw*t.

Thank you! Good luck for the rest of the season, and let's hope that you don't ever need the support of your fellow football fans!

BTW: Thanks Jersey Tone for your support in '97, it'll never be forgotten!

Jersey Tone

You self deluded tw*t.

Lol, I think that was what I was trying to say!!!

Jersey Tone

BTW: Thanks Jersey Tone for your support in '97, it'll never be forgotten!
No worries Sid. No brainer for me really as I moved to Brighton in 87, married a local, my nipper is an Albion fan. I've followed the Albion many times over the years including Hereford for the Robbie Reinelt match!!

I have to say though Sid, you've picked the wrong place to look for support and sympathy of Argyle's plight. Just see some of the previous threads for a taster.

SeagullSid

It's ok Jersey, I was half expecting this kind of reaction, although I was hoping there wouldn't be. I actually live in Exmouth, and ever since I moved here 20 odd years ago, Exeter City have been my "second team". Many times I've stood on the Big Bank, shoulder to shoulder with the City fans, including games against Plymouth, so I totally understand the animosity between the two clubs. But like I said in my previous post, there comes a time when some fans will put the rivalry to one side just for a day, and stand together for the good of the game as a whole.

I haven't come here to try and force the issue, all I wanted to do was explain why Brighton fans are doing this, contrary to the opinions that were outlined in a previous post. We're aiming to ask fans of every club in the country to participate, why would we exclude yourselves?

jmgull

I haven't come here to try and force the issue, all I wanted to do was explain why Brighton fans are doing this, contrary to the opinions that were outlined in a previous post. We're aiming to ask fans of every club in the country to participate, why would we exclude yourselves?
PAFC fans don't need a few dozen saddos looking for a day out and a round of applause....

They, like most clubs need a group of vain millionaires to stick a pile of dosh in for their next plaything, they'll undoubtedly find 'em or they're tits up.......end of.

......why not do something constructive and a bit more impressive with your time like raising money for cancer charities or helping sick kids etc.