• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary Caldwell Apraisal

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Makes you realise what a wasted 10 years the Tisdale period was, followed by his mini me. Just think where the club might be now had it appointed and retained more wisely.
Dreadful take.

PeteUni1984_7

Just hoping that if he gets the manager of the month award it doesn't result in the usual jinx of losing the next game

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Makes you realise what a wasted 10 years the Tisdale period was, followed by his mini me.
No it doesn’t.

denzel

Just hoping that if he gets the manager of the month award it doesn't result in the usual jinx of losing the next game
The Oxford manager won it and indeed lost his next game

arthur

I'm surprised Rosie hasn't pulled up Sturtz about the youth production line. If I recall correctly, we would have had Pond, Chrisene and Stanno coming through at the moment if they hadn't have up sticks and left.
I fear this will be the norm from now on. If they're any good, they'll be snapped up before they have a sniff of the first team. That's a downside of having an academy with a growing reputation..

Authentic is a great way of putting it (y)

Lots of "Caldwell's a fraud" early days on Twitter
Some of the early stuff on twitter was well harsh, I understand being apprehensive but thought it was OTT, I know we all loved Matty T but he chose to leave us, even now if we lose a game GC seems to get more stick than previous managers on twitter…

As for appraisal of GC: Bloody Brilliant!!!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chesterfield fans seem to still be taking an interest in GC. The last few pages makes for interesting reading 🤣

Rosencrantz

I fear this will be the norm from now on. If they're any good, they'll be snapped up before they have a sniff of the first team. That's a downside of having an academy with a growing reputation..
It isn't new though is it? Jamie Hatch and Mark Ellis both went before they signed scholarships and that was before we had much of a reputation. But then again, the highly regarded current crop of new pro's are still here and on (obvs) pro deals. No one was interested in Ollie until he was into his 20's.

In reality it's same old, same old. We will lose a few before they reach first team because they stand out at that earlier age level. Others will develop more gradually and stick around and come through into the first team before moving on. We will have year groups that develop a strong group of prospects like last year's u18's and years where it is just one or two who break through, whether with us or not by that stage. It's just a natural ebb and flow of having a very good and functioning academy.

All GC was pointing out was the current gap in the squad between Hartridge and Kite to Sonny, Pedro et al.

denzel

Chesterfield fans seem to still be taking an interest in GC. The last few pages makes for interesting reading 🤣

They seem to have given lot of money to the bookies.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster

Bitter chesterfield fans. You love to see it 😂