• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

Andy Holloway

I always see the funny side of you.
Moi?

i8cornwall

Andy H will speak for himself, but you've highlighted, in your "taking the ****" way just some of the ways in which he benefits YOUR club.
"Are you Andy in disguise

Are you Andy in disguise".....

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
🎶
"He's Holloway.
He's Holloway.
To the Cans Bin he's gonna weigh.
How he gets there I don't know
How he gets there I don't care
Aluminium Andy Holloway".

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

I am becoming a bit bemused by our reported attendances at games. Yesterday the attendance was given as 6,541, with 365 Cobblers. I assume that the visiting fans are included in the total and are not additional.

Now, the last media team news on the available spaces yesterday quoted 80 in the Oprtimising IT stand, 50, specifially in Block K, of the Nevada stand and 450 on the big bank. The 'available' spaces, when added to the quoted attendance figure, comes to 7,121.

In April 2022, the club website stated categorically that the maximum capacity of SJP is 8,720. Now, I believe that this has since been reduced further as a result of ground safety guidance. I am not sure of the new figure, but surely not just over 7,000?

The attendance at the match on Tuesday v Luton was given as 7360 with 708 Luton, yet that match was oft quoted as 'sold out'.

What am I missing, or not understanding??

Spoonz Red E

I am becoming a bit bemused by our reported attendances at games. Yesterday the attendance was given as 6,541, with 365 Cobblers. I assume that the visiting fans are included in the total and are not additional.

Now, the last media team news on the available spaces yesterday quoted 80 in the Oprtimising IT stand, 50, specifially in Block K, of the Nevada stand and 450 on the big bank. The 'available' spaces, when added to the quoted attendance figure, comes to 7,121.

In April 2022, the club website stated categorically that the maximum capacity of SJP is 8,720. Now, I believe that this has since been reduced further as a result of ground safety guidance. I am not sure of the new figure, but surely not just over 7,000?

The attendance at the match on Tuesday v Luton was given as 7360 with 708 Luton, yet that match was oft quoted as 'sold out'.

What am I missing, or not understanding??
Hi Pete.

As I calculate it there were 365 from Northampton against a possible 1,290 so 925 spaces were still available in the away end.

6,541 attended.
The 925 unused away capacity brings it up to 7,466.
Current total capacity is 8,219* so 753 home places unused.
Some of that will be seats lost to segregation, any unused hospitality, seats devoted to the press area, unused player comps etc.
If the attendance figure is compiled from those tickets scanned on entry then there will also be unused tickets bought but uncollected (there are always some left in the collections trays after a game)

* Your capacity figure of 8,720 is correct although the two terraces have been reduced by 10% (to 8,219) due to the latest safety guidance.

The current capacity breakdown (after the guidance deduction) is:
Away terrace 940
Big Bank 3,564
Mains Stand 2,116 (includes 350 away seats)
Stagecoach 1,599

Total =

Capacity figures from:

It would be good for a breakdown from the Club of a match attendance - maybe fans forum or social media article?

Last edited:

Grecian Max

The 10% reduction looks particularly silly in the away end, whenever there's a sell out it's miles away from being packed

All because some people eat too many pasties

Alfie 1966

The 10% reduction looks particularly silly in the away end, whenever there's a sell out it's miles away from being packed

Only the one pasty yesterday and it (was much hotter than the Cheltenham game)

budegrecian

You can never eat too many pasties.

fred binneys head

Only the one pasty yesterday and it (was much hotter than the Cheltenham game)
Interesting use of brackets there Alfie.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting use of brackets there Alfie.
Why are (you picking on him?)