• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

tom_ecfc

Poor pasties and brackets!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting use of brackets there Alfie.
It's just a phrase he's going through.
I blame the parent (hese) s.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
🎶
"He's Holloway.
He's Holloway.
To the Cans Bin he's gonna weigh.
How he gets there I don't know
How he gets there I don't care
Aluminium Andy Holloway".
Post of the week. Love it. T shirts anyone 😀

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi Pete.

As I calculate it there were 365 from Northampton against a possible 1,290 so 925 spaces were still available in the away end.

6,541 attended.
The 925 unused away capacity brings it up to 7,466.
Current total capacity is 8,219* so 753 home places unused.
Some of that will be seats lost to segregation, any unused hospitality, seats devoted to the press area, unused player comps etc.
If the attendance figure is compiled from those tickets scanned on entry then there will also be unused tickets bought but uncollected (there are always some left in the collections trays after a game)

* Your capacity figure of 8,720 is correct although the two terraces have been reduced by 10% (to 8,219) due to the latest safety guidance.

The current capacity breakdown (after the guidance deduction) is:
Away terrace 940
Big Bank 3,564
Mains Stand 2,116 (includes 350 away seats)
Stagecoach 1,599

Total =

Capacity figures from:

It would be good for a breakdown from the Club of a match attendance - maybe fans forum or social media article?
Thanks Spoonz for the breakdown, but one question just sticks out when could we ever have 8219 in the park? Bearing in mind all the reductions for segregation/press/complimentaries/away contingent etc, the answer I think will be the 12th (of never) and therefore 7500 or thereabouts is the most we can hope for. Bizarre really thinking back in the day when we had near18k on a Wednesday night for Newcastle in that FA Cup replay, no worries about eating pasties then (or toilet facilities)

The deluder

Brining back great memories of the Cowshed urinals. But we all survived them.

Leads

Thanks Spoonz for the breakdown, but one question just sticks out when could we ever have 8219 in the park? Bearing in mind all the reductions for segregation/press/complimentaries/away contingent etc, the answer I think will be the 12th (of never) and therefore 7500 or thereabouts is the most we can hope for. Bizarre really thinking back in the day when we had near18k on a Wednesday night for Newcastle in that FA Cup replay, no worries about eating pasties then (or toilet facilities)
Yep, or even in the slightly (less) distant past, over 9000 for the Man United game in 2005. So although the ground has improved so much since then the 'true' capacity is down by about 15%.

Colesman Ballz

Yep, or even in the slightly (less) distant past, over 9000 for the Man United game in 2005. So although the ground has improved so much since then the 'true' capacity is down by about 15%.
The capacity was marginally increased for that game by the addition of an extra row of temporary seats at the front of the Doble Stand.

david61

Brining back great memories of the Cowshed urinals. But we all survived them.
Used to stand there sometimes, mainly I think when raining otherwise stood on then open big bank.

Attachments

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Used to stand there sometimes, mainly I think when raining otherwise stood on then open big bank.
Looking at that photo makes you wonder how the fook we got so many in on that Wednesday night?

Antony Moxey

Looking at that photo makes you wonder how the fook we got so many in on that Wednesday night?
Well the Shed was terracing whereas its replacement is seating so there's a reduction in capacity straight away, the away terracing used to go round the corner where the police box is now situated and the OG had a couple of hundred more capacity than the NOG so plenty of scope for a higher attendance pre-redevelopment.