• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Cureton leaves...

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
jr1871

Pretty much spot on sir.

Without Cureton and Harley we will struggle for goals unless The Cheese brings others in, apart from the front men where on earth are the goals going to come from, Sercombe has a good strike on him but his record is poor, Dunne and Noble rarely trouble the keeper either, hopefully Bauza hits the ground running.

Last edited:

jr1871

Why has Cureton scored more?..

because he has played more.
Are you for real? Judging by your avatar, your a great one to be discussing strikers!!;) DN has scored over 10 in a season ONCE in his career, and is not 1 goal in 4 games so far. Cureton is better than 1 in 3, and over 600 games, and 200 goals. One of the most impressive set of stats in FL history. Nards figures are worse, because he is a) injury prone, and b) not as good a striker. Also, it was well into the season (away at Swindon in the League cup) before Jamie starting seeing regular match time. Why is ANYBODY trying to make any argument at all that losing him would be not be a serious blow to our chances next season? Name me ONE other striker, who would be on a free, and not 5K+ per week that stands any realistic chance of scoring 20+ next season based on what we know? I can't think any one candidate.

Acshully, yes I can. Bowditch, who happily we are rumoured to be in for. Him and Cureton, with support from Nards and O'Flynn, and we truly might be a decent bet for promotion.

happygrecian

And why has he played more?

Because he's less fragile (Nardiello has the nickname of "Glass" for a reason...).

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Relax. Mr Cureton will sign ... [ecfc]

DJH2005

jr1871 speaks the truth.

Nards is a tidy player and has superb feet, but is not of same calibre of Jamie C, even with JC knocking on a bit!

Last edited:

davecg

Nardiello and Cureton are different players. Cureton has a real poachers instinct and given chances will always score goals, Nards will run at players, take them on and cause problems in a different way. If we are to be successfull this season we will need BOTH of them.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jamie was single handledly the difference last season between upper mid table, and another relegation scrap.
No he wasn't. He was part of a very good team, and without that team around him he wouldn't have been able to do what he did - look at how he got on at his previous club if you want evidence of that.

dommers

Acshully, yes I can. Bowditch, who happily we are rumoured to be in for.
Ah I see your logic you would rather we based our strikeforce on someone whose record is 1 in 5 vs Nardiello whose record is 1 in 4 (and at a better level)!!

Last edited:

Mark Wakeley

Not the best judge on JC having only seeing 6 away games last season. He is a class act runs all day can sniff half a chance from nothing scores 20 goals in a team that let in 80 he is A GREAT PRO and has helped players around him. He will be missed greatly as much as magician Harley any chance he can come on loan from Swansea I cant see him getting much game time in the premiership????

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope we hear something soon. Wasn't he back from Holiday on Tuesday? Surely by the weekend he will have made a decision. Would love to think he will sign as will, imo, do very well for us next season.

If, however, he goes elsewhere then Tis has some decent wage money to get a suitable replacement.