• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Cureton leaves...

jr1871

I have no idea about where Bowditch players as I only watch Yeovil 1/2 times a year although if plays so much on the wing then perhaps he's not as automatic a choice as striker so we should look elsewhere. Perhaps you go more regularly to watch Yeovil. Nardiello also played a reasonable number of games as a wide player which you seem to have forgotten. I don't really care about his age although I do know that Nardiello has scored goals in the Championship and would probably be there now if he hadn't been injury prone. Has Bowditch played in the Championship and I'im sure if he is as good as people seem think then I'm sure he'll get picked up by a Championship club and we wouldn't be able to complete with their wages.
Bowditch and Nardiello have both scored exactly 10 career goals in the championship, and have played a similar number of games. In fact, there are many similarities, in that both started with great potential, and have drifted around after injuries, and have settled as being decent L1 players. Bowditch hasn't found form consistently until Yeovil this year, but readers of the game always thought it was in him. Similar to Nardiello in fact. Both are capable of being championship players probably, keeping form and fitness, and I am glad that we are signing/in the market for these kind of players. I have seen Bowditch for 3 clubs over the years, and he is a tidy, efficent footballer, with a good eye for the game. More a team player maybe than Nardiello, who is a touch maverick and doesn't always look up. Its true to say, that without Harley, there may well be room for a bit more of that next season, and I'm really hoping DN shows us the player he could be. But as GOALSCORERS - well if your following the thread, you know the rest!

jr1871

What's all this bollox about goals-minutes ratios? Are we syaing a striker who plays 2 games and scores 2 goals is a better option than one who scores 25 in 50?

It doesn't work like that, it's all about reliability and value for money. It isn't a co-incidence that Nards has rarely played more than 30 times in a season.
Its not bollox is it? In an inexact world, its one of the few things you can go on..A players career stats are studied carefully by any manager thinking of buying, but I agree they are only any good over a decent period.

Same in horse racing, a nag with a row of duck eggs is less likely to win than one with 111111 in the form guide. A good goals per game ratio is just a reasonable indicator of what you might get.

I don't think Nards has ever played a full season in his career, so your second sentence makes perfect sense.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its not bollox is it? In an inexact world, its one of the few things you can go on..A players career stats are studied carefully by any manager thinking of buying, but I agree they are only any good over a decent period.

Same in horse racing, a nag with a row of duck eggs is less likely to win than one with 111111 in the form guide. A good goals per game ratio is just a reasonable indicator of what you might get.

I don't think Nards has ever played a full season in his career, so your second sentence makes perfect sense.
It is complete bollox. How can people say "If Nards had played 40 game he would have scored more than Cureton..." - He DIDN'T play 40 games so it is irrelevant. And the fact is he has never played 40 games in a season so the chances of him doing so are pretty slim.

jr1871

It is complete bollox. How can people say "If Nards had played 40 game he would have scored more than Cureton..." - He DIDN'T play 40 games so it is irrelevant. And the fact is he has never played 40 games in a season so the chances of him doing so are pretty slim.
Lol I agree Jay, I made the exact point about Nards goals per minutes ratio earlier in the thread. It still remains that it is an inexact, but partly valid comparison.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
If you had to bet your morgage on Cureton or Nardeillo to take a one on one ?

Easy simple answer , last seasons top scorer/player of the year.

jr1871

^ What he said.

wemissmoxey

Only because Nardiello would get injured on his way through ;).

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Nardiello - Cureton more a "one-touch" finisher, but Nards more composed generally and able to put the ball consistently into the part of the net the keeper can't reach.

dommers

And if you had to bet your mortgage on one player be able to create a chance themselves then it would have to be Nardiello. Cureton scored so many as he was in the right position for many of our through balls although did miss a lot as well. Without Harley our style of football may be different and it might not suit Cureton.

Grecian_Jay

And if you had to bet your mortgage on one player be able to create a chance themselves then it would have to be Nardiello. Cureton scored so many as he was in the right position for many of our through balls although did miss a lot as well. Without Harley our style of football may be different and it might not suit Cureton.
So are we now criticising Cureton for getting in the right place at the right time?