• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

iphones

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone else got one? Bought one the other week as part of my contract renewal. Surely one of the best purchases I ever made.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone else got one?
I haven't.

This doesn't really help, but i felt sorry for the thread.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I appreciate your efforts.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I also do not have one. I do have the poor mans Nokia version. I don't know how to use it properly. On the plus side, on the back of my Nokia, next to the camera lens, it says the words Carl Zeiss, which always reminds me of ex East German football team Carl Zeiss Jena. They even made an appearance in the 1981 European cup winners cup final losing to Dinamo Tbilisi.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
i've had one since the day they were released.
they are pretty much one of the most useful things ever. i get email pushed to my phone and i can read pdf's, spreadsheets, word docs etc while im waiting at the airport or whatever.

the map and gps integration is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

i love the fact that i can get a facebook messaged pushed to my phone and then just tap the screen on a number or an address in facebook and it automatically dials or finds the location. awesome.

also i love the fact that i can have 30 gig of music on my phone, saves me carrying an additional mp3 player around. its pretty f*cking sweet really.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
i've had one since the day they were released.
they are pretty much one of the most useful things ever. i get email pushed to my phone and i can read pdf's, spreadsheets, word docs etc while im waiting at the airport or whatever.

the map and gps integration is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

i love the fact that i can get a facebook messaged pushed to my phone and then just tap the screen on a number or an address in facebook and it automatically dials or finds the location. awesome.

also i love the fact that i can have 30 gig of music on my phone, saves me carrying an additional mp3 player around. its pretty f*cking sweet really.
Yesh, it's become my phone, mp3 player, PDA and mobile entertainment all rolled into one.

I have got one. Bit of advice ... For those who r due an iPhone up grade wait until June there is a brand new model coming out. It will be lighter with new features.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I got one last week, and although I have only dabbled with it as yet, absolutely love. Never thoughtI would get on with a touch screen but am genuinely surprised.

When I can prise myself away from my laptop am sure I will find lots of useful things that can be done on it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't have one. Its from Apple. Apple=evil.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes apple are indeed evil but you can always jailbreak the phone and customise it, the firmware is based off openBSD which is open source and fairly easy to learn.