• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Local Portsmouth press bigging up Jack
a sensible thing to do. Otherwise fans reactions are likely to be 'why (on earth) have we signed this bloke who was released by a club much lower in the table and far worse off than us?'

I'm now a bit torn re Jack. Would really like it if he is very successful, but that would then mean ECFC had made missed out!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Local Portsmouth press bigging up Jack
Should have found a Welsh or NI grandparent

Bridgy 81

Jack came on as a 73rd minute substitute for Portsmouth today, so was on the pitch when they scored their injury time equalizer against Bristol Rovers.
This was in front of a home crowd of over 19,000.
I think it was right he moved on from us, but I’m pleased for him that he seems to have done well for himself.

Exehausted

Jack came on as a 73rd minute substitute for Portsmouth today, so was on the pitch when they scored their injury time equalizer against Bristol Rovers.
This was in front of a home crowd of over 19,000.
I think it was right he moved on from us, but I’m pleased for him that he seems to have done well for himself.
I was surprised to see him at our match with Exmouth last Wednesday. I thought he must have been injured but obviously just back for a night at his parents home.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tough opening game for our reserves today, they won't be the only team to lose at Blackpool this season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Banksy

We should try to sign him on….
No, I think the manager has already decided that he is not good enough for us

Banksy

No, I think the manager has already decided that he is not good enough for us
And we should trust in Gary’s good judgment in these matters.😂

Grecianman135

Feel gutted for Sparkes to be honest,just had a young child, liked the area,city boy his whole life then up sticks to Pompy with a young child away from the family circle one would assume and it isn't ideal,but he's making a name for himself in a good team,and last season he was very hit and miss but the real kicker, he'd probably be playing now.

Especially with Demi out.

Great shame IMO but fair play to him 👍