• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Norwood

WillsC88

great additon to the squad! came on yesterday and impressed me straight away! was in a pub after the game and saw him walking past with his dad. had a quick chat and i think he's got a great attitude! well done james

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
looked pretty impressive when he came on. would rather he had a few games in the ressies, but with our injury problems havent got much option at the mo. hope he plays a role against qpr if needed, but certainly looking like one for the future

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Norwood excites me. What potential!

Loved it when he hared across the halfway line and got a semi block in when he had no business getting anywhere near the ball. And wouldnt it have been a fairytale if the ball had bounced a little more kindly at the end and he slipped it past the keeper.

I'm definitely in the camp of, if he is good enough, he plays.

Certainly showed far more than Corr did, thats for sure.

Last edited:

Gozzer

The way he defended from the front reminded my of Dazza. All those short runs to prevent the defenders having time on the ball. He even nicked it off them once. Impressed me a lot.

andrew p long

Great to see he's started well, took a bit of ribbing down here at Town with those shocking pink boots, but he walks the walk so who cares this lad's got bags of potential. He's fast, has good positional play and an eye for goal... Also he has tremendous self belief and also is his own worst critic, not happy unless he contributes on the pitch.

The one thing James does need to improve on is his upper body strength as he can get knocked off the ball.

All in all a good signing for you and for him... we are looking forward to see how he developes.
yes,on the evidence of 20 mins on Sat looks like one for the future.

Tis is rightly reluctant to pay transfer fees but how come we got him for nothing? Surely loads of lower league/conference sides would have wanted to take a punt on him?

Gozzer

Tis is rightly reluctant to pay transfer fees but how come we got him for nothing? Surely loads of lower league/conference sides would have wanted to take a punt on him?
Maybe, just maybe, he wanted to play for City...

malcolms

He's already been at Brighton and Palace...

malcolms

I don't think that PT is the sort of manager who will overplay him but if he does and he plays more than 10 games before Christmas in the first team then I predict he'll be blown out for later in the year.

southamptongrecian

He's already been at Brighton and Palace...

But they have not got Tiz to work the magic.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were definitely impressed. He showed more promise than a shedload of other new players we've signed recently, and most of them have been good!!