• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
On Pasoti they were saying 'he could have got someone banned'....

Well, don't throw things at him then?

Regardless of the clubs involved, we love to see this in football! It's the tribalism and drama missing from all other sports.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Curley

Yes I remember it, 25-30 years ago now. It's no excuse for it but different times now (society as a whole not just football) and I'm not so sure that it would sung now. Yes, we have a mentally challenged morons like every club but the difference between us and you is I bet your lot don't come up here fearing whether they'll get out in one piece like some of us do going down to Gnome Park (members on here have openly said it on here, I know my Ol' Man won't ). Most of us have experienced the 'welcome' we get down there, the atmosphere is always so much more tense down there than it is up here and why? Not because you have the morons, like I said every club has them, but the amount of morons you have and the manner they conduct themselves in.
Different times now you say? Tweeted last night by one of your own

Attachments

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never a red that. Surprised the ref didn't lift up a shirt saying "Once a Green..."

dontpassback

Different times now you say? Tweeted last night by one of your own
Never mind your ex manager has f### off to manage a team in red and white stripes,and left you rudderless,😀😀

supernova

I always remember the moronic chant to Bradley Wright Phillips some of our fans sang and he responded by scoring a brace and giving some back. I don’t remember anyone getting offended by it though? Fair play I say

Plymouth the centre of the Wokerati obviously. I look forward to complimentary green tea, dhal pasties and warm welcome the next time we go there

Curley

I always remember the moronic chant to Bradley Wright Phillips some of our fans sang and he responded by scoring a brace and giving some back. I don’t remember anyone getting offended by it though? Fair play I say

Plymouth the centre of the Wokerati obviously. I look forward to complimentary green tea, dhal pasties and warm welcome the next time we go there
Not too sure about that. A few girls look a little bit upset and hurt on 18 seconds Plymouth Argyle 2-0 Exeter City (11th December 2010) (youtube.com)

WXF

I asked ChatGPT 4 to write a poem. Not a bad effort:

In the heart of Exeter, where passions ignite,
Jay Stansfield stands, a beacon of light.
Through the twists of fortune, loyalty defined,
In red and white, his real allegiance entwined.

Plymouth may sneer, with a callous jest,
But Stansfield's resolve stands the test.
Against the storm of rivalry's dark art,
He defies their cruelty with a lionheart.

In every stride, in each valiant play,
Stansfield's loyalty, an anthem to sway.
A Grecian warrior, resolute and bold,
Defiant against Argyle's bitter cold.

Through the echoes of taunts, he rises tall,
In Exeter's name, a valiant call.
Oh, Plymouth, hear the defiance soar,
In Stansfield's loyalty, forevermore.

Indomitable, against the cruel tide,
Stansfield's spirit, in Exeter's pride.
A tale of defiance, a story so true,
And in the face of hatred, he bravely grew.

So let the rivalry's winds of disdain blow,
In Stansfield's loyalty, an unwavering glow.
Plymouth Argyle in shadows' aisle,
Recall our cherished son, his triumphant smile.

Last edited:

TotnesGrecian

He's so much Exeter City that only ever played for you as a City player when he was loaned. He f'd off to London as soon as he could at 16.

Ooh, how we love him! He's City through and through! At least Rooney was wearing a blue shirt when he said always a blue. Watkins..yes, Ampadu..yes, Stansfield.. embarrassing!
Rattled

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems be more like felix and curly throwing their rattle out of the pram.