• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Boyo

The Trust should call a Club EGM and sack said Board Member, Simples !
Dissenting voices on the Board are important. I don't want "yes" men/women, to merely nod along.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
All my information is rumours , it’s what forums are for , discussions 👍👍
So you have no information. Is that correct?

Agent Andy

Nope , nothing but word of mouth rumours I’m afraid .

fred binneys head

*sound of balloon popping*

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dissenting voices on the Board are important. I don't want "yes" men/women, to merely nod along.
Agreed, but we don't know the facts or context here.

More generally, in any organisation one Director cannot effectively override the consensus of the Board as a whole. If you are in a minority of one, assuming you don't own the company, in the end you have to either abide by collective responsibility or resign. I've been there.

Alistair20000

Is it a fact that it's a rumour, or a rumour that it's a fact? Or both. Or neither.

Not all "rumours" are wrong, but if they are right it may be for the wrong reasons.

We could go on with this for days...
If you don't like my facts and rumours I have others

Leads

Let's have a revolution. Sack the board, useless. Vive le Jev
I have no inside info, but I can understand why if you are part of the Trust and you make such a virtue out of being a family club and trying to be inclusive etc, that you would object to giving a new contract to someone who has just pleaded guilty to assaulting a woman.

fred binneys head

I have no inside info, but I can understand why if you are part of the Trust and you make such a virtue out of being a family club and trying to be inclusive etc, that you would object to giving a new contract to someone who has just pleaded guilty to assaulting a woman.
I agree, but it depends what happened. If he just threw a glass of water over her (like the situation with Dustin Lance Black) it wouldn't elicit the same reaction as if he'd punched her. As I've said all along, I trust the club to do the right thing so am assuming they are.

Grecian Max

Guess decisions will be made after the court case, July 9th?. Personally I would cry with joy if he was to sign up again.
Probably signed for someone else by then...

Grecian Max

I agree, but it depends what happened. If he just threw a glass of water over her (like the situation with Dustin Lance Black) it wouldn't elicit the same reaction as if he'd punched her. As I've said all along, I trust the club to do the right thing so am assuming they are.
Indeed, and the fact that the club went ahead with the suspension makes me think it's probably more than just a glass of water thrown. If it was something as simple as that then questions probably need to be asked.