• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Nouble - New Striker?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Appears that David Martindale attended the same course on speaking to the press as Caldwell.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He'll fit right in here

Livingston striker Joel Nouble not fazed by boos from own fans

malcolms

Did he play as a centre forward for Aldershot, Malcoms or out wide like he seems to have been playing for Livingstone??
He seemed to have a free role across the front line..not sure about his position at Livingstone..

yticretexe

1705841579585.png

Jesus they must be more depressed than us.

Alistair20000

OK, seeing as virtually the whole of Exeweb have decided that GC is incapable of doing anything right and that, therefore, any player he brings in is bound to be crap, slow, injured, incapable of scoring, not interested or just too expensive . . . I'm going to stick my head above the parapet !

I think he looks like just what we need. At £125k, he's also cheap. Remember, we're in the L1 market now, not L2. He's going to be a physical presence and opens up so many options for us. I remember people moaning about Stockley and Nombe when they came in; they couldn't score, would never score etc etc.

There's lots of ifs, buts and maybes and nothing is guaranteed. There was never ANY chance of bringing in an established L1 goal-scorer. This guy could be a really interesting acquisition.

There again, you miserables may all be right and we're doomed, doomed . . .
I hope you are right of course but Basil Fawlty employed the builder O'Reilly because he was cheap. :)

Pete Martin (CTID)

[QUOTE="robchave, post: 2279174, member: 413]
I remember people moaning about Stockley and Nombe when they came in; they couldn't score, would never score etc etc.
[/QUOTE]
Cautionary note......we had a different manager and coaching team back then.

manc grecian

Stockley and nombe were young and had room for improvement. This fella is 28 and not playing as a striker for the bottom team in the spl. If he was that good surely he'd be up front.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He seemed to have a free role across the front line..not sure about his position at Livingstone..
Have you seen much of Frank Nouble? Are their games very similar?

Last edited:

Newtown Grecian

Maybe just what we need for taking short corners?

dontpassback

Being a bit of a saddo,I did watch a Livingston game on tv a while back ,in which nouble was playing,I googled him because of the surname,and FWIW,he didn’t have a bad game,he put himself about and caused problems for the opposition,( who I can’t recall,),but he wasn’t hesitant about getting stuck in,so would be worth a punt,after all he can’t be any worse than Scott can he ?😄😄