• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joey Barton

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
What can they do though? Having and expressing sexist opinions isn't a crime is it? Or do you think and support changing of laws? If you do, and it happens, it's just another step towards us having Thought Police, and that imo is a very dangerous place to be in.

I think a major turning point last year was Musk telling potential X advertisers to go feck themsleves. He's quite clearly preapared to run it at a loss. When you've got a spare $250bn - $20-30bn is very small beer. Despite all the protestations & threats from the usual lefty crew when Musk took it over, they're all still busy on the platform tweeting (x'ing) away.

Back on topic and Barton, I'm now following his X feed and it's not for the faint hearted - he's taking anyone and everyone on. I don't agree with all that he's saying, but most of it is hilarious.

DB9

What can they do though? Having and expressing sexist opinions isn't a crime is it? Or do you think and support changing of laws? If you do, and it happens, it's just another step towards us having Thought Police, and that imo is a very dangerous place to be in.

I think a major turning point last year was Musk telling potential X advertisers to go feck themsleves. He's quite clearly preapared to run it at a loss. When you've got a spare $250bn - $20-30bn is very small beer. Despite all the protestations & threats from the usual lefty crew when Musk took it over, they're all still busy on the platform tweeting (x'ing) away.

Back on topic and Barton, I'm now following his X feed and it's not for the faint hearted - he's taking anyone and everyone on. I don't agree with all that he's saying, but most of it is hilarious.
No, i don't support any change that makes someone's opinion against the law, If that's what he thinks about things then he's totally entitled to make that view without fear of prosecution. I posted this by LBC not because i supported it but because a Minister who can change the law decided to make this statement about Barton. The Thought Police you're going on about is coming from a party in power that wants freedom of speech. :unsure: As for "X" never used it, Only see stuff on it when posted on here, TBH i couldn't give a fig about who owns it,What's posted etc.

Mr Jinx

The Thought Police you're going on about is coming from a party in power that wants freedom of speech.
Indeed. Further proof that CINO's are in power.

DB9

Indeed. Further proof that CINO's are in power.
Not wanting to go down this CINO thing on here as we have a political thread about this but it seems your version of Conservative is very different from those Conservatives that have been in power for most of the UK's political life.

Mr Jinx

And so ITV female football pundit, Eniola Aluko, has come out saying she has felt threatened all week and is "genuinely scared" to leave home post-Barton rants.

Her victimhood has made Meghan Markle blush.

haka

She's Stalin and Pol Pot. And the guy who said exactly that has been excused by apologists like you.

Of course she's genuinely scared. Stalin and Pol Pot deserved to be shot, didn't they?

Trapdoor

woke
adjective
ˈwōk

chiefly US slang
1a
: aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)
Gosh how awful it must be to be "woke".

Banksy

Gosh how awful it must be to be "woke".
I can remember when it really meant waking up in the morning.

Mr Jinx

She's Stalin and Pol Pot. And the guy who said exactly that has been excused by apologists like you.

Of course she's genuinely scared. Stalin and Pol Pot deserved to be shot, didn't they?
Well, if he wasn't mincing his words before, he's certainly not now...

Bridgy 81

Well, if he wasn't mincing his words before, he's certainly not now...

Well if that’s genuine I can’t imagine any (respectable) football club will employ him again.