• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joey Barton

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah.
Although slightly unhinged in his delivery he’s taking on all comers as they seek to destroy him over his stance on female tick boxing in elite men’s football. Many of his detractors have according to Barton a few ‘skellingtons’ in their cupboards. Great fun.
Well he spent his entire footballing life getting up people's noses face to face so he won't be deterred online. He's entitled to his view, You don't have to agree but tough, Like all things.

angelic upstart

Yeah.
Although slightly unhinged in his delivery he’s taking on all comers as they seek to destroy him over his stance on female tick boxing in elite men’s football. Many of his detractors have according to Barton a few ‘skellingtons’ in their cupboards. Great fun.
More than slightly unhinged in his delivery. I believe his original point was that the women's and men's game (whilst both football) are so far apart that they shouldn't be pundits as they're so different. Something I understand. What he's dribbling on about now is likely just banter but I don't really understand it, mainly because we've had horrific male pundits throughout my life (lawrenson and mcmanaman I'm staring you fuckers out!)

DB9

More than slightly unhinged in his delivery. I believe his original point was that the women's and men's game (whilst both football) are so far apart that they shouldn't be pundits as they're so different. Something I understand. What he's dribbling on about now is likely just banter but I don't really understand it, mainly because we've had horrific male pundits throughout my life (lawrenson and mcmanaman I'm staring you fuckers out!)
The banter now from Barton is because people have bitten and the more they do, The more he will.

tavyred

The banter now from Barton is because people have bitten and the more they do, The more he will.
The refreshing part, maybe the only refreshing part is that all the usual tactics deployed by the woke twatterati to pressure and shut down a non-believer is being met with utter contempt and humour by Barton.

DB9

The refreshing part, maybe the only refreshing part is that all the usual tactics deployed by the woke twatterati to pressure and shut down a non-believer is being met with utter contempt and humour by Barton.
Isn't that how it should be? No one on either side has the right to shut down or cancel the other just because they don't agree?

Stelios

“Don’t feed the troll” is one of the oldest and best internet maxims which many would do well to remember.

X says something deliberately provocative to get a reaction. All the usual suspects react. X then has loads more material to work with

(Also why is this thread in the International section?)

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Good shout Stellios. Done.

DB9

“Don’t feed the troll” is one of the oldest and best internet maxims which many would do well to remember.

X says something deliberately provocative to get a reaction. All the usual suspects react. X then has loads more material to work with

(Also why is this thread in the International section?)
Perhaps it was when Barton decided to use that awful "Allo, Allo" accent when he was doing a press conference when playing for Marseille? :)

Spoonz Red E

Perhaps it was when Barton decided to use that awful "Allo, Allo" accent when he was doing a press conference when playing for Marseille? :)
Joey Barton: Are you a french female pundit?
French female pundit: Mais oui.
Joey Barton: No you may not. Your lot play a different game.
French female pundit: Comment?
Joey Barton: Come on yourself. I'm Joey Barton me and this is my grift now.
French female pundit: Misogyne!
Joey Barton: That's it! Interview over Miss O'Jean.

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

I'm presuming he's getting up people's noses?
Yes, I'm now following. Total box office. Getting up the very noses of people that imo fully deserve it.

Barton wouldn't have dared do it last year, but he can sense the headwinds.

2024 is the year of the woke fightback.