• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Josh Key...

Bridgy 81

Given how successful Morgan Whittaker was at argyle, I'm surprised he hasn't been given more opportunities at Swansea.
Difference between playing well in League One and playing well in the Championship maybe?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given how successful Morgan Whittaker was at argyle, I'm surprised he hasn't been given more opportunities at Swansea.
I was surprised they loaned him out in the first place. They do have some decent options in Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson and Liam Cullen who all play where Whittaker would fit in. He certainly gives them more strength in depth to bring off the bench and rotate.

Memphis09

Difference between playing well in League One and playing well in the Championship maybe?
That’s why Key and Collins will struggle
Remember Ryan Harley was going to tear up trees at Swansea don’t think he even mowed a lawn

Bridgy 81

Remember Ryan Harley was going to tear up trees at Swansea don’t think he even mowed a lawn
Yes, but to be fair I think his arrival at Swansea coincided with their promotion to the Premier League.

Colesman Ballz

Swansea were in the Premiership, so hardly comparable. You really do have miserable expectations of our players, bet you even thought Ollie would struggle In the Championship, and look what's happened and how we in turn have benefitted. Perhaps you would be better off at "Plainbore" ! :cool:

Intheknow84

Swansea were in the Premiership, so hardly comparable. You really do have miserable expectations of our players, bet you even thought Ollie would struggle In the Championship, and look what's happened and how we in turn have benefitted. Perhaps you would be better off at "Plainbore" ! :cool:
Memphis once told me Harry Kane was a Championship player when coming through at spurs!

iscalad

Memphis once told me Harry Kane was a Championship player when coming through at spurs!
TBF he never scored against us.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
TBF he never scored against us.
Outclassed by Jamie Cureton in his one game against us. 1681948613774.png

iscalad

Outclassed by Jamie Cureton in his one game against us. View attachment 11435
Thanks for the info. Not a bad team but TBF don't recall J Woods or J Thomson come to that.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
"J Thomson" was Jake Thomson, who came to us as an International (something like Trinidad & Tobago?) from, I think, Southampton. He didn't pull up any trees while he was with us.

In fact he was recommended to the club by someone I know (not through City, but through Old Isleworthians) - I was very surprised to see him in the away end at Griffin Park when we were there for the Winscreen Wiper Trophy semi-final that season, he said he was doing some scouting and analysis for us.

I think Woods might have been a youth product who never ended up playing for us?