• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Judgement day is upon us. The official Blackpool v ECFC match day thread

A Slacker

Surely BO was brought in for the two Carlisle PO games specifically to cope with their threat of long throws into the box, which Pym didn't seem to cope with particularly well with on the last day of the season. Thought that was fairly common knowledge?

Not saying it's right, but Bobby conceding 5 goals in the two PO games probably didn't help his cause in being picked for the final.
I agree. Without checking, I think this goalkeeper rotation policy is a myth. Bobby had the role, Pym got his chance before Christmas and took it really well.

'Tis thought that Bobby O could cope with the particular Carlisle bombardment threat better and picked him for the semi final. He reverted to his number one GK for the final. To me this looks like a manager who knows the strengths and weaknesses of his keepers well and is not afraid to make the big calls.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems to me that you are just making the inferences that suit how you personally feel about the manager. Why should 'people who doubted us' mean trust members who voted at the trust meeting to serve notice on the contract? In reality the two things are not necessarily connected at all. Tisdale doesn't like us? Is that the royal us? Is that inclusive of ALL city fans? Have you actually heard the manager say 'I do not like the fans of this club'? If you have could you please say when and where this happened.
I, of course don't have the first idea of the motivations of every trust member who voted for Tis to serve out the rest of contract, but I'm willing to guess that the then widespread dissatisfaction of the fans at his performance was a factor.
As regards Tis's alleged antipathy toward the fans, he obviously wouldn't be so stupid as to say as much, but I consider myself switched on enough to recall the incidents over the years where that antipathy was apparent. I personally don't require the manager to blow bubbles up my backside, but Tisdale has used his criticism of our fanbase on more than one occasion to excuse or deflect from his or his players performance in the past, it's what he does.
Who do you think Tis was referring to, when he talked of the "people who doubted us"?

Bexster

Long weekend. Most of what I thought has been said. Can't see how the team that came out in the second half was so different to the first, although even in the first half we seemed to be missing any sense of urgency, it seemed like it took an age for players to come back up the pitch for a goal kick or in support of the long ball. Ollie got marked out of his first few forays into the box and then didn't know what to do to combat it, although he has plenty of time to learn. Woodman and Grant were really trying to work down the wing in the first half, don't think Grant should have gone off. Wheeler played well.

All that heart beat rubbish was pointless and slightly insulting. Aw, little teams. Let's see what we can do to make their day more fun. I know... Rubbish.

Crowd around us was quiet - we were in with a lot of families with young kids and they were getting bored, particularly in the 2nd half. Fair few left early to miss the crowds.

Last edited:

DB9

Nearly 48 hours after the game and do not feel quite so disappointed as yesterday, Probably watching Huddersfield/ Reading game and build up, Looking where i was sitting 24 hours earlier didn't help! Bradford and Reading fans know what we're going through but they like us will dust themselves down and prepare for next season. Overall we didn't deserve to go up on the 2nd half display, The crowd was nullified really well by Blackpool's play and Bowyer out thought Tisdale in their half time talks. Best thing of the day for me was i put some faces to some Exewebbers i met.

Ashford Grecian

Best thing of the day for me was i put some faces to some Exewebbers i met.
yeah second that, bizarre how we were all in a row together :eek:

IndoMike

That's your opinion, you ignorant ****.
You're soooo opinionated

DB9

yeah second that, bizarre how we were all in a row together :eek:
Think it was a row for "Gentleman" of a certain age!! :D :D :D

CWH-NYC_

A long way and a lot of $$ for an insipid 2nd half performance, like most have stated I thought we were going to totally dominate them in the 2nd half, how wrong can you be! Disappointing in so many areas.
Apart from that it was a glorious weekend, weather, beer and curry. Thanks to The Chiefs for at least giving me something to smile about.
UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Here you go, the 360 view of the game

[video=youtube;sgR_GRtf61Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgR_GRtf61Y[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgR_GRtf61Y

Charlie

I could not go to the game as I was abroad, we have a solid spine to the team and I honestly feel the experience will see us reach our goal next season........we need to keep Tisdale at all costs .....not so sure about our prized jewell in the crown .