• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
No but I did think about Giraffe Man briefly.

Bridgy 81

I saw Muddy Summers & The Dirty Field Whores tonight at my local music pub.
They’re tricky to categorize but describe themselves as a folkpunkpopswing outfit.
It was a poignant evening for me because my brother, who passed away earlier this year, was a very close friend of the lead vocalist, who’s also the founder member of the band.
In fact their current album is dedicated to my brother.
So when she told me she was playing a mile from my house I made sure I was free to go and support them.
They were very good too.
Check them out, if you’re interested, they have a website and the usual socials.
The subjects of their songs are a bit edgy so only proceed if you have an open mind and aren’t easily offended.

otterton reds

Saw Pete Doherty at the Cheese & Grain on Friday & he was very good.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw Pete Doherty at the Cheese & Grain on Friday & he was very good.
I was there too and yes, it was bloody excellent.

otterton reds

Saw Muse at the O2 in London last night WOW what a brilliant band live

Bridgy 81

Saw Muse at the O2 in London last night WOW what a brilliant band live
Agreed, although I’ve not been quite so keen on their newer material, they’re a brilliant band live.
Over the years I‘ve seen them at the N.E.C. Birmingham, Wembley Stadium and the also the O2 London.
Highly recommended.
Funnily enough looking at another of your recent posts I was planning a trip to the Cheese and Grain as well.
Glenn Hughes ex-Deep Purple is there later this month.
When I got my credit card out yesterday and started the payment process a note popped up on the screen saying it was sold out 🙁
I’m also hoping to get to see Millie Manders and The Shutup at The King Arthur pub in Glastonbury in a few weeks time, not quite the 02 Arena, but good fun nevertheless 🙂

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to update on this - August 30th was a wonderful night. Having been on "indefinite hiatus" since early 2013, The Walkmen have been back on tour this year and I was lucky enough to see them. My favourite ever gig had been the last time I'd seen them (November 1st 2012) but this eclipsed it - they were absolutely on fire all night and even played my favourite song ("Canadian Girl"), which I don't think I'd seen them perform live the three previous times I'd seen them.

Colesman Ballz

Funnily enough looking at another of your recent posts I was planning a trip to the Cheese and Grain as well.
Glenn Hughes ex-Deep Purple is there later this month.
When I got my credit card out yesterday and started the payment process a note popped up on the screen saying it was sold out 🙁
I was caught out by their website too. There was a blues gig I fancied seeing, spoke to a friend who wanted to come and then went back to their website to buy the tickets. It was only when you get into the purchase that you find out that a gig is sold out. Why not display up front that on the website listing FFS ? I've not bothered trying to buy tickets there since, so it has cost them my custom. :(

fred binneys head

I’m going to see Suede in Wolverhampton in December and Depeche Mode in Birmingham in January. Can’t wait for both.

Avening Posse

I have the eclectic mix of Paul McCartney, Simple Minds, Human League and Boney M to look forward to in Oz over the next few months 😀, also saw the Inspiral Carpets a couple of months back who were brilliant