• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City home - Discussion & Prediction Thread

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think I am just desperate to see the upturn in results to coincide with this new playing style to alleviate my concerns / worries around the manager and his approach, style of play etc.

You have concerns about the manager and his approach?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
You have concerns about the manager and his approach?
I know will be a surprise to many :ROFLMAO:

I try not to talk about it

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lincoln may not have not lost in eleven but they haven't won many of those eleven either. We're slowly coming together and will eventually win out 2-0.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
anything less than a win means 2 wins in 10 matches.
Why not look at it as 4 points from our last 2 games, a comfortable home win against Cambridge and a well deserved point away to Wycombe who are still in the Play Off chase?

Whatever way you look at it our form has improved from the dire spell we had in Jan/Feb.

Caldwell has cemented our mid table safety, added some real quality to the team Mcdonald/Aimson/Mitchell (in that order!) and its time for you to do the right thing in admitting that you jumped the gun, focused too much on his previous time with Partick and Chesterfield, and were incorrect that he was fast taking us back to L2.

A real man will admit his mistakes, learn from them, move on and gain wisdom for the future!

PeteUni1984_7

All good runs must come to an end at some point. Lets hope we get it, otherwise, it will be over 4 months since I and my lad last saw us win in person. I don't know if I can deal with that depression tomorrow night.
I think I need to come down from Worcester more often. My son and I have a 23-4 aggregate score this season, with the only concessions being 3 at Bristol Rovers and 1 at home to Wednesday.
Unfortunately being in Worcester we don't get to as many games as I would like - hoping for a repeat at Cheltenham of the Carabao cup game we saw. I also think 2-1 to Exeter this Saturday.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why not look at it as 4 points from our last 2 games, a comfortable home win against Cambridge and a well deserved point away to Wycombe who are still in the Play Off chase?

Whatever way you look at it our form has improved from the dire spell we had in Jan/Feb.

Caldwell has cemented our mid table safety, added some real quality to the team Mcdonald/Aimson/Mitchell (in that order!) and its time for you to do the right thing in admitting that you jumped the gun, focused too much on his previous time with Partick and Chesterfield, and were incorrect that he was fast taking us back to L2.

A real man will admit his mistakes, learn from them, move on and gain wisdom for the future!
I Haven't ever said I think we are genuinely going down, I did say that I felt it is possible he could take us down following one of the defeats. Even then i stated I didn't genuinely believe we where going down. The sides in the bottom 4-6 this season are beyond poor for this level.

I will await further evidence that the style of play will work and will await for results will come. In the last 9 we have won two. Both against sides in the relegation zone. A fantastic point at Wycombe last week was a good result and As I have said before we did have a good transfer window, but we are hardly at the point of saying I need to accept i was wrong, in the same was I cannot say that you're definitely wrong as of yet.

As I Have said. The Cambridge game proved nothing for those for and if we had lost at Wycombe that wouldn't have proven anything for those against. Tomorrow is a really good test and indication of where the squad is at, how the style of play is bedding in and how we can use that to improve results. Lets hope we get 3 lovely points

Red red

Yep, True enough. My lad loves going irrespective of results. 4 months is still 8 months shy of my worse period of not seeing us with when 12 months across late 2001-2002 (When We beat Rushden and Diamonds in the FA Cup (I think it was 2nd round) stopped that run, 3-1 win from memory)

I think I am just desperate to see the upturn in results to coincide with this new playing style to alleviate my concerns / worries around the manager and his approach, style of play etc.
We all want that upturn but as said before we are the highest placed out of the teams promoted last season imagine if you supported FGR (maybe not). Aim this season was to stay up next and the next and the next is stay here if not then move forward.come on City

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster

As regards the referee, is he the son of Mr Singh who reffed a few years back ?

Looks to like the yellow card. Stanno beware.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Son of "Wolverhampton legend Jarnail Singh" - pah, he's one of our (Hounslow) own.