• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like a Trigger Happy TV stunt.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A notice on the menu of The Jail House Cafe at The Verne, Portland today.
There may be occasions when prisoners can’t work in the kitchen, this may affect the menu offered.
Must be a pretty unique disclaimer 😎

Tim Long

Jodie Comer's dress at the What's On Stage Awards that looks like a little black dress but she's having terrible trouble controlling her lady garden.
1676283840896.png

Alistair20000

Jodie Comer's dress at the What's On Stage Awards that looks like a little black dress but she's having terrible trouble controlling her lady garden.
View attachment 10977
Ooh err missus :eek:

angelic upstart

Last film I saw was "Upstart's trip to London with the family"
This is the tale of a middle aged City fan who thought it would be a clever idea to take a just turned three year old to London for a few days break with the rest of his family. The story starts when the stories main character decides to stay in a hotel in zone 6 which means longer travel but "there's no hurry so it doesn't matter if the train is 45 minutes, the kids, will love it. Besides, we'll be guaranteed a seat". Needless to say the trains didn't run for the weekend with "hilarious" consequences for upstart and his family involving bus replacement services Theres a fairly lengthy bit travelling and doing tourist bits, getting lost in Ealing, 3 year olds having 3 year old tantrums, and then the film culminates with all of the films main characters, except the three year old getting very ill (covid/flu/bad cold the film doesn't specify) and leaving the hotel in the middle of the night. The funniest part was when Mrs upstart left a rucksack in a large cafe and went home without it, leaving the upstart to jump off a tube, turn back, sprint (jog?) to the cafe and retrieve the rucksack. Which was nice as they'd not have had their car keys or Mrs upstarts wallet if they had lost it. It was a heart rendering moment watching the upstart simultaneously have a heart attack, feel sick from the sprinting and illness which had kicked in, contact his wife that the bag was found.

Overall, I give it a 5/10 some great visuals (museums, etc) but too much travelling on buses and trains and too much focus on everyone's illness. It's the sort of thing I'll re visit in a year or two and really enjoy.

Colesman Ballz

This is the tale of a middle aged City fan who thought it would be a clever idea to take a just turned three year old to London for a few days break with the rest of his family. The story starts when the stories main character decides to stay in a hotel in zone 6 which means longer travel but "there's no hurry so it doesn't matter if the train is 45 minutes, the kids, will love it. Besides, we'll be guaranteed a seat". Needless to say the trains didn't run for the weekend with "hilarious" consequences for upstart and his family involving bus replacement services Theres a fairly lengthy bit travelling and doing tourist bits, getting lost in Ealing, 3 year olds having 3 year old tantrums, and then the film culminates with all of the films main characters, except the three year old getting very ill (covid/flu/bad cold the film doesn't specify) and leaving the hotel in the middle of the night. The funniest part was when Mrs upstart left a rucksack in a large cafe and went home without it, leaving the upstart to jump off a tube, turn back, sprint (jog?) to the cafe and retrieve the rucksack. Which was nice as they'd not have had their car keys or Mrs upstarts wallet if they had lost it. It was a heart rendering moment watching the upstart simultaneously have a heart attack, feel sick from the sprinting and illness which had kicked in, contact his wife that the bag was found.

Overall, I give it a 5/10 some great visuals (museums, etc) but too much travelling on buses and trains and too much focus on everyone's illness. It's the sort of thing I'll re visit in a year or two and really enjoy.
Oh dear ! With the benefit of hindsight of course, perhaps even "Going for a Burton" may have been a marginally more enjoyable experience ? :unsure:

angelic upstart

Oh dear ! With the benefit of hindsight of course, perhaps even "Going for a Burton" may have been a marginally more enjoyable experience ? :unsure:
It amuses me. My current illness doesn't amuse me though. Proper tight chest and out of breath walking up the stairs!

Spoonz Red E

I saw that.

I particularly enjoyed the 'film within a film' twist when the family were in the cafe and they showed a close up of the top of the coffee.

A must see for any Spoonz.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That I've only just discovered that AAAA batteries exist.

Grecian2K

That I've only just discovered that AAAA batteries exist.
The digital pen for the Micro$oft Surface tablet used them
The only terrestrial shop that seemed to carry them was the late (much lamented) Maplins.
Sadly, both the pen and the store are long deceased.