• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Had an email tonight regarding my car insurance today, It's due in a month but in the email was a section saying how the costs have been increasing and they will send a guide to tell you why, In other words my quote will be much higher even though ive never claimed! :mad:
Had that with my house insurance. Went online and got a quote cheaper than I had been paying.

DB9

Had that with my house insurance. Went online and got a quote cheaper than I had been paying.
Yep, Soon as quote comes in I'll be shopping around.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Had an email tonight regarding my car insurance today, It's due in a month but in the email was a section saying how the costs have been increasing and they will send a guide to tell you why, In other words my quote will be much higher even though ive never claimed! :mad:
You may not have claimed but plenty more do mate, I never worked out why my insurance should go up because someone cant park properly at Tesco's has a small ding in their car and it costs well over a grand in a bodyshop when a smart repair would be less expensive and normally done outside your house.

Big companies seem to hike the prices up as soon as insurance policies are mentioned ! Take these 2 examples for instance ...

A woman from Exmouth rang a big windscreen firm to replace her screen on an 05 Clio , she was told £634+ vat via her insurance , I fitted the exact same screen for £150 all in ! Remember the big companies pay literally pennies for the same glass as they buy in bulk.

I had an insurance company ring me to ask "how is it possible for my company to supply and fit front and back screens to a vehicle cheaper than the big could fit the rear one?" My reply was I'm not ripping people off !

I never deal with insurance companies which means I may lose a couple of jobs but ultimately I gain loyalty from customers and word of mouth recommendations from happy customers.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The GB men's 4 x 100 team (not for the first time ever) making a balls of a baton change in the European Championships.

iscalad

The GB men's 4 x 100 team (not for the first time ever) making a balls of a baton change in the European Championships.
The women did OK.

Stelios

This has reminded me, the way the Americans pronounce the word 'baton' annoys me

cannockred

This has reminded me, the way the Americans pronounce the word 'baton' annoys me
The way Americans pronounce and spell most things is really annoying.....

Stelios

The way Americans pronounce and spell most things is really annoying.....
Craig = "Kregg" is my favourite

cannockred

Craig = "Kregg" is my favourite
I get really wound up when all a software prgram will offer is english (united states ) .

What is wrong with using the version that is correct?????

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
People referring to Ollie Watkins as 'Ollie' as if they know him.