• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just got back from my first game of the season.

Happy for the win but I thought we rode our luck quite a bit. They missed some absolute sitters. On another day, we'd have lost.

Thought our pen was stonewall and we had another good shout before that as well as one in the second half. Had we been Argentina in the WC, they'd have been given every time. The ref and linesmen were arses and that didn't help.

I thought Joe White showed promise but was disappointed with our wing play, particularly Caprice.

What was bothersome were our corners. Some bizarre choreography resulting in wasted chances. Could do with sorting that out.

fred binneys head

The Collins one was definitely a penalty, I couldn’t really tell on the Joe White one as it was the other end of the pitch. The ref was a bit of a twunt though. How he stopped play for an MK head injury and then didn’t insist on the MK player leaving the pitch I don’t know.

Rosencrantz

We are coming up with some quite funky looking corner routines I think to try and find something that works. We had several corners at Portsmouth which we actually took quite normally and had good delivery but never looked like getting the first contact.

fred binneys head

We had a really funky one in the second half today, played short, passed back to Collins, crossed the ball low to an MK player who cleared it to the edge of the box to Jack, who then tried to take a player on, lost the ball and 5 seconds later Jake was having to make a goal-saving challenge. Brilliant lads, well done.

Jack did pretty good overall though so I’ll forgive him. He is also always the first player over to clap the fans at the end of games, for which I’ll always love him.

Mr Jinx

The Collins one was definitely a penalty
My friend recorded it and we watched it over. He went down quite easily but there was definite contact. Like I said, Messi in WC gets those given every time. Without VAR and with a twät of a ref who's already given one.. absolutely no chance.

Grecian Max

was disappointed with our wing play, particularly Caprice.
I noticed MK doubling on Jake in the first half so he didn't have the space to do his thing. They did a really good job of nullifying our wing play.

grecIAN Harris

The trouble with our corners is we don't really have any kind of threat in the air especially now Tim Dieng has gone or until Stubbsy comes back unless Will Aimson knows how to stick his head on an attacking corner.

suffolklad

The weirdness around Caldwell... why? I don't see what else he could have done? If anything he's improved the shape and style - we look more like a League 1 team now. Don't get this at all, and it's a fairly prevalent view.
Don't think its a prevalent view at all really just a few who have a voice and like to show it

The deluder

Only a few days to go, so we won't have long to find out about Jevani.

I don't think he at his most comfortable when being interviewed by the media.If we ever go on a bad run,you will see a few sparks fly and that will have nothing to do with Jack.

As far as Caldwell is concerned, I'm not 100% on board with his appointment .Anyway, he is doing a good job bringing new players in.Just needs to keep the existing players happy with their lot for as long as possible. Whether it's L1 or L2 we will need the whole squad at some point or another.
You are a closet Gargoyle fan and I claim my £5.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think its a prevalent view at all really just a few who have a voice and like to show it
Agree. Often the minority just shout the loudest.