• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Move the cameras to the other side of the pitch!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Apathy from who?
Apathy's a drag

cannockred

Why not move Arizona Pete to the other side of the pitch?🤔

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why not move Arizona Pete to the other side of the pitch?🤔
Waste of money
We moved him to the other side of the Atlantic and it still didn't improve his distorted views.

Spoonz Red E

Well I do suggest that the "Section 9" attempts at trolling provide a fair definition of apathetic.*
(Whoops, sorry folks. The notorious Exeweb Auto (in)Correct inserted an erroneous initial "a" there)

Semi seriously though. Why not fill the "notorious gap" with a second big screen if it's so offensive to the sensitive eye. Far cheaper than a new, tiny little stand for a few dozen folk?
One reason I don't mind the gap being seen is because the housing landscape it reveals confirms our ground to be in quite a nice city.
I've seen a games shot at other teams of our level who may have a stand in view but also a fair few empty seats.

Grecian2K

One reason I don't mind the gap being seen is because the housing landscape it reveals confirms our ground to be in quite a nice city.
I've seen a games shot at other teams of our level who may have a stand in view but also a fair few empty seats.
Or, in the case of Oxford in the not too distant past, an empty car park?
But,, regarding the "housing landscape" is that the reason that they kept the roof of the away end so low? So that, on the (sadly) rare occasions that we get a "big club" to entice the Beeb they can still get the traditional "money shot" of lodgers in York Road hiring out the loft-conversions - or even up on the roof - for a free view

John William

Or, in the case of Oxford in the not too distant past, an empty car park?
But,, regarding the "housing landscape" is that the reason that they kept the roof of the away end so low? So that, on the (sadly) rare occasions that we get a "big club" to entice the Beeb they can still get the traditional "money shot" of lodgers in York Road hiring out the loft-conversions - or even up on the roof - for a free view
No, it was dictated by the size of the steelwork etc from Barnet which we bought cheaply courtesy of their owner Tony Kleanthous.

If we ever redeveloped the St James Road end the height of the stand and impact on the houses opposite would be a planing consideration, but they have no "right to light" or a view, it would be for the planning committee to decide based on the design etc.

A bigger issue would be the need for a gap as this is the only level entrance to the pitch.

Colesman Ballz

A bigger issue would be the need for a gap as this is the only level entrance to the pitch.
Jeez, don't start another ruddy Gap debate. ;) We just have to live with it to meet regulations. It has to stay where it is and being opposite Oxford Road allows large vehicles or plant to manoeuvre for access. If enough height is left, an upper tier could continue across it anyway. It would allow flexibility of use, by creating segregation enabling home fans to use part of it when low visiting numbers are expected - just "perfick" in Darling Buds of May terminology ! :)

Positive spin

I already suggested that, post #25.
and on a sunny Saturday day as soon as he pans down towards the away end the cameraman will be blinded

sign of the chimes

Maybe you could put a club-supported musical ensemble in there and call them The Gap Band?

John William

Maybe you could put a club-supported musical ensemble in there and call them The Gap Band?
Or a stall selling t-shirts with pockets?