• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nelson Iseguan

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looked like a proper player at 16/17 but didn't appear to develop much at all

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not surprised. Like others have said, he never really pushed on. I did say a few pages back he'd get released in the summer. I was almost right. Hopefully it works out for him where he ends up next.

Rosencrantz

I first saw him playing for the u15's in a floodlight cup game at Tiverton against Bristol Rovers. Along with Jay Stansfield, he was a stand out in that game. He also looked promising in the u18's. Since turning pro it just hasn't happened for him and he hasn't kicked on. Injuries probably have not helped. Even playing for Tivvy, you see the flashes of what he is capable of with his pace but not consistently enough and technically he needs work. A move to a good non league team and consistent game time might just be a good move no matter how disappointing it must be for Nelson now. There are plenty of more than decent ex-City youngsters playing locally at the moment.

Number13

He is a second year Pro coming up to his third.
So, he got a one year deal and then, having not looked like playing, got a second year?

Bridgy 81

So, he got a one year deal and then, having not looked like playing, got a second year?
I don’t imagine his contract would have been an especially lucrative one.
And at around 19, when the second year was given, I think that was reasonable for a thorough assessment of his development to take place, particularly given the injuries that had set it back.

andrew p long

released by City, now signs for Tiverton

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not surprised at all and the club rarely makes the wrong decisions when releasing players. there was a fair bit of hype about him a few years ago and when I finally watched him play I was really disappointed. Decent speed and energy but unfortunately he seemed to lack ability, which above all else is the staple that you need to be able to play at a high level.

Colesman Ballz

Not surprised at all and the club rarely makes the wrong decisions when releasing players.
Let's hope that statement doesn't come back to "bite you on the arse" if Norwood scores the winner against us tomorrow ! :)

Rosencrantz

Let's hope that statement doesn't come back to "bite you on the arse" if Norwood scores the winner against us tomorrow ! :)
Sometimes a player has to take a step back to move forward again.

andrew p long

I wonder what the point was of releasing Nelson from his contract early? He moved from playing on loan at Tiverton to becoming a Tiverton player..

Perhaps a generous approach from ECFC on deciding not to offer a contract for next season? - 'here's the money we would have paid you, earn yourself a few bob at whichever club wants you for the rest of the season'