• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was in Bude recently and had a pie from the Cornish Pie Company on Belle Vue.
Not only was it the best pie I’ve ever had but I’m afraid to say, in my view, it puts Chunk pies into a cocked hat.
In fact they were so good I brought several home with me.
And strangely enough we had a steak and ale one tonight, it was lovely, I suggest you all check it out 🥧
Did Ollie Watkins make the pie?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was like watching Caldwell's Exeter City.
It was. What a bore.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disappointing performance all round Ollie played full 90 plus not sure whether he will start against Belgium. Did not think he had a great game but then neither did the team in general was a bit surprised Toney did not come on but can see him starting the next game. Would we have done better with Kane not sure maybe on the evidence of this evening Southgate still needs to really concentrate on finding a good deputy for him.

Hoping Ollie did enough to ensure he makes the Euros but wouldn’t put any money on him having done so at present.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not only was it the best pie I’ve ever had but I’m afraid to say, in my view, it puts Chunk pies into a cocked hat.
And strangely enough we had a steak and ale one tonight, it was lovely, I suggest you all check it out 🥧
Just looked them up to see if they did mail orders.
Doesn't seem so. :(
It did make me smile when you look at the names of the two shops next door as you go up the hill.

budegrecian

Welcome to the promised land Bridgy. Trust you had a good stay.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Well… Bellingham went off, so at that point Phil Foden, media appointed “best ever young player” was able to step up and show us what all the fuss is about… and disappeared.

budegrecian

Just looked them up to see if they did mail orders.
Doesn't seem so. :(
It did make me smile when you look at the names of the two shops next door as you go up the hill.
Looks like I’ll need to bring some up every home game.

elginCity

Ollie stayed in his shell, largely anonymous. Doesn’t help that Southgate’s tactic of aiming for Maguire at the far post bypasses him.

Spoonz Red E

I thought the first half tonight was interesting in terms of the difference in styles.
Second half not so much.

Brazil always looked like they would slip the leash at one point and tuck one away.

A quiet game for Ollie but he did have the one chance taken away by a defender's toe and tried a couple of pull backs that no-one seemed to be alert to.
I hope it's not seen as his sole audition.
It'll be interesting to see if he gets minutes in the next game.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought the first half tonight was interesting in terms of the difference in styles.
Second half not so much.

Brazil always looked like they would slip the leash at one point and tuck one away.

A quiet game for Ollie but he did have the one chance taken away by a defender's toe and tried a couple of pull backs that no-one seemed to be alert to.
I hope it's not seen as his sole audition.
It'll be interesting to see if he gets minutes in the next game.
Suspect Toney will get start v Belgium & score