• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our Style of Play

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
The thin midfield would provide space for wingbacks.Big Kev has a great engine to get up and down, and Woodman can deliver a good cross. However, if this was to work we would need a big centre forward.
Since we can't afford even a loan one what about taking a chance and playing him up there for the rest of the season?

rp42

If as Tis says we couldn't afford to pay for a players b n b why the hell did we take on that rodgers lad?

wiveygrecian

If as Tis says we couldn't afford to pay for a players b n b why the hell did we take on that rodgers lad?
because he is on a youth loan and not costing any money

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presumably, as a favour to get him away from Brighton until his court case. Also he's free.

Darren Moxey

Resigned
I am not sure we have a style of play anymore
Is the correct answer.

Antony Moxey

At the moment it's just plain ridiculous - we don't seem to be able to keep hold of the ball for more than five seconds (although perversely when we do you hear some people berating the players for not getting it forward quickly enough) and our main line of attack seems to be to give the ball to either Scot Bennett or Danny Coles who'll hit it as high and as long as possible hoping either Cureton or O'Flynn (never the two together mind you) will outjump their six foot eight opponents and flick it on to a non-existent midfield rushing to stay back on the half way line and watch the ball sail over their heads.

Bizarre really, and to me at the moment shows just how much we're missing Oakley and his calming influence in midfield spotting the easy pass instead of going for the Hollywood defence splitter every time.

rp42

CLAP CLAP CLAP well done Tis great play NOT EVEN A CORNER IN THE GAME,what is te point?

Bittners a Legend

Once more aimless hoof balls and again not even in behind the centre backs. The gap between the midfield and attack was bizarre. I accept injuries have blighted us but the basic set up of the side seems completely wrong. Why would we pick 3 central midfield players if Tisdale just wants us to bypass it? It makes no sense. Surprised Keohane can't get a game given he seems to at least look to get it down and pass it. The lack of wide players really has hamstrung us almost as much as the injuries.

At the moment it's just plain ridiculous - we don't seem to be able to keep hold of the ball for more than five seconds (although perversely when we do you hear some people berating the players for not getting it forward quickly enough)
Yeah it is bizarre. Hoof it forward and they scream. Try and keep the ball and you hear 'get it forward'. Sigh. Borne out of frustration in part although its been like this as long as I can remember during Tisdale's reign. I still remember vicious abuse Harley got just 10 minutes before he scored the goal that kept us up v Hudds.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Once more aimless hoof balls and again not even in behind the centre backs. The gap between the midfield and attack was bizarre. I accept injuries have blighted us but the basic set up of the side seems completely wrong. Why would we pick 3 central midfield players if Tisdale just wants us to bypass it? It makes no sense. Surprised Keohane can't get a game given he seems to at least look to get it down and pass it. The lack of wide players really has hamstrung us almost as much as the injuries.

Yeah it is bizarre. Hoof it forward and they scream. Try and keep the ball and you hear 'get it forward'. Sigh. Borne out of frustration in part although its been like this as long as I can remember during Tisdale's reign. I still remember vicious abuse Harley got just 10 minutes before he scored the goal that kept us up v Hudds.
Too simplistic a view Bitts. The fans get ****** off when the players are hoofing it to Curo for example. However they only get ****** off with passing football if it's the back 4 and Artur knocking it around dangerously and taking chances. It's all about selection, knowing when to pass and when to 'get it forward'. Getting it forward doesn't necessarily mean Coles hoofing it 60 yards in the sky aimlessly by the way. See Woodman's deliveries against Gills for a good way of getting it forward.