• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pedro Borges signs pro

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure Cheick was the first. Mackie and Wheeler were two that started in youth teams elsewhere but found their feet at City (for a start!)
Jordan Storey as well. But Cheick is the most recent so perhaps most relevant to the decision of Aamir and Pedro to join City.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure Cheick was the first. Mackie and Wheeler were two that started in youth teams elsewhere but found their feet at City (for a start!)
Both were older, and in Wheeler's case he had even left University.

Andy Holloway

David Wheeler went to Brunel Uni at Uxbridge and played for Staines, but initially played his 'early years' football in Brighton.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
David Wheeler went to Brunel Uni at Uxbridge and played for Staines, but initially played his 'early years' football in Brighton.
He was with Brighton as a kid but never taken on as a scholar and actually started his proper playing career at Lewes.

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
In looking at the aerial photography during the interview it struck me, once again, that we ought to consider buying the land directly opposite the Cliff. Could be used for future expansion before it gets snapped up for alternative use. Alternatively treat it as an investment if we don't directly want to use it. Has anyone any idea of what it would cost?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Am I right in thinking that Pedro is an attacking midfielder who travels with the ball a lot - a player in the style of Joe White/Kegs Chauke?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am I right in thinking that Pedro is an attacking midfielder who travels with the ball a lot - a player in the style of Joe White/Kegs Chauke?
Thats how I have seen him yes. He looks like he has the physicality and engine to be a box to box player but too early to know what his range of passing is like tbh

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
In looking at the aerial photography during the interview it struck me, once again, that we ought to consider buying the land directly opposite the Cliff. Could be used for future expansion before it gets snapped up for alternative use. Alternatively treat it as an investment if we don't directly want to use it. Has anyone any idea of what it would cost?
East Devon District Council is looking at creating a second new town, following on from Cranbrook, in that area so, with that in mind, I can't see it being sold cheaply.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would describe Pedro Borges as a box-to-box midfielder. Certainly had the physical frame to do a defensive job, but I gather he is a more attacking player. Could probably play upfront too.

DawlishBouy

From the youth cup games - he chases and harries opponents but isn’t much of a tackler. Likes to make surging runs with the ball. Against Oxford he constantly chose to dribble rather than pass. As a 6ft 1in central midfielder you would expect him to make more of a contribution at set pieces. Has only scored 3 goals in 18 appearances for the youth team this season (all of them against mediocre bottom club Forest Green).