• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Please wish the Queen well. Long live the King

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rangers FC.
You are magnificent! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
WATP!

DB9

Rangers FC.
WATP!
πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

arthur

Rangers FC.
WATP!
But no use of the now ubiquitous RIP, I see. There are times I find myself feeling this country could do with a little less catholic schmaltz and a little more protestant rigour, even though my political sympathies tend to be the other way round

Mr Jinx

I was thinking mid week that I'd go down and pay respects overnight tonight, but as the week's progressed the queue has grown and grown, so much so, that they're now turning people away.

Oh well.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brave move from Channel 5

20220918_160929.jpg

Oldsmobile-88

Brave move from Channel 5

View attachment 9196
Indeed 😎

1307767F-72E1-4159-ABCE-B14921DAA9AC.jpeg

iscalad

Got these on your favourites?

DB9

Well i never intended to watch all of today's event but i found myself doing just that. From the very start at 10.44am when the Queen's coffin came out of Westminster hall you could tell this is going to be an historic occasion, The procession from the hall to Westminster Abby was timed to perfection, The service was as grand and respectful as you think it would be, Then after the procession from the Abby to Trafalger Gate where HM's coffin was transfered to the state hearse was a sight to behold, The armed forces and police did the late Monarch proud, The RF walking behind was very moving, Having to grieve in public whilst mourning a Mother/Grandmother/Great Grandmother, The crowd turned up in their thousands and as far as i could see on TV were respectful. Moving on to Windsor was a more intimate affair but the crowd on the long walk was huge, The commital service i thought the family seemed more with grief than the state occasion at the Abby. This "Operation London Bridge" was years in the planning and was executed to perfection and I'm sure the late Queen would have approved.

The BBC, Brilliant coverage
The Armed Forces and others who took part, You did your country proud
The Public who were there, Turned up in their thousands
The RF, I hope that this gave you comfort at your time of grief and now perhaps you'll get the chance to rest up with your thoughts before you're back performing your duties.

Mr Jinx

Well that brought a lump to throat and a tear to the eye. Even the hardiest of Republicans can't have failed to have been a bit moved.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well i never intended to watch all of today's event but i found myself doing just that. From the very start at 10.44am when the Queen's coffin came out of Westminster hall you could tell this is going to be an historic occasion, The procession from the hall to Westminster Abby was timed to perfection, The service was as grand and respectful as you think it would be, Then after the procession from the Abby to Trafalger Gate where HM's coffin was transfered to the state hearse was a sight to behold, The armed forces and police did the late Monarch proud, The RF walking behind was very moving, Having to grieve in public whilst mourning a Mother/Grandmother/Great Grandmother, The crowd turned up in their thousands and as far as i could see on TV were respectful. Moving on to Windsor was a more intimate affair but the crowd on the long walk was huge, The commital service i thought the family seemed more with grief than the state occasion at the Abby. This "Operation London Bridge" was years in the planning and was executed to perfection and I'm sure the late Queen would have approved.

The BBC, Brilliant coverage
The Armed Forces and others who took part, You did your country proud
The Public who were there, Turned up in their thousands
The RF, I hope that this gave you comfort at your time of grief and now perhaps you'll get the chance to rest up with your thoughts before you're back performing your duties.
I don't think any other country could do it better - well done UK plc !