• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing I was happy to see last night was Jack Sparkes being put on corners. I know Jevani was obviously not on the pitch but Jack has the best delivery at the club. We will see if that is a permanent change or not.
I quite like Sparkes hanging around the edge of the area on corners to smash a clearance from back in from 25 yards.

Archie takes a good corner too.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Trying to turn abhorrent green slime chanting into a positive could we make the return game in aid of Adam Stansfield Foundation in the hope the errent snotties realise error of their ways ? Club could add a "This is for Stanno" fee to away fan tickets and pass on to charity plus BBC could redress balance of airtime for Sparksy (RIP) v our loss of Stanno (RIP) and we could invite applause at 9 mins. It would be good to have the Big Stanno Flag on show.
The Stansfield family story will ALWAYS be in Grecian hearts and should at least be acknowledged by true fans of a green persuasion. UTC

supernova

Some on Twitter claiming there is a similarity with the stick McCormick got and that savage chant last night.
Trying to turn abhorrent green slime chanting into a positive could we make the return game in aid of Adam Stansfield Foundation in the hope the errent snotties realise error of their ways ? Club could add a "This is for Stanno" fee to away fan tickets and pass on to charity plus BBC could redress balance of airtime for Sparksy (RIP) v our loss of Stanno (RIP) and we could invite applause at 9 mins. It would be good to have the Big Stanno Flag on show.
The Stansfield family story will ALWAYS be in Grecian hearts and should at least be acknowledged by true fans of a green persuasion. UTC
99 % of those on Pasoti are aghast at the video. Most Argyle fans, like us, are decent human beings. We might not all like to admit it because of footballing differences but it happens to be the truth

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nothing to applaud - just standard decency
Fair enough, but I think it's a well-considered response which goes some way beyond the usual platitudes and suggest they're serious about taking action against the perpetrators.

sign of the chimes

Nothing to applaud - just standard decency
To be fair, I thought it had a touch of humanity and went beyond the usual legalese that sometimes comes across in these statements. Probably somewhere between standard dececny and applause on my barometer.

milts

Were the chants heard during the game? Ie would Jay have heard these?

kuznetsov

Anyone at the derbies in the mid/late 90s will recall City fans had quite a repertoire of songs about Alan Nicholls. Let's not be holier-than-thou about this.

Edna Clouds

Some on Twitter claiming there is a similarity with the stick McCormick got and that savage chant last night.

99 % of those on Pasoti are aghast at the video. Most Argyle fans, like us, are decent human beings. We might not all like to admit it because of footballing differences but it happens to be the truth.
Agree. Most fans of any club are decent people. Unfortunately, games like this one (local derbies) bring out the thugs.

As an aside - I used to hate the McCormick chants. I'm guessing there were a good percentage of the people singing it who had driven whilst over the limit. A tragedy for the family and something McCormick will always regret. Not a topic for terrace chants.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree. Most fans of any club are decent people. Unfortunately, games like this one (local derbies) bring out the thugs.

As an aside - I used to hate the McCormick chants. I'm guessing there were a good percentage of the people singing it who had driven whilst over the limit. A tragedy for the family and something McCormick will always regret. Not a topic for terrace chants.
The McCormick chants firstly where abhorrent for the reason's you outline, but they weren't even factually correct. Also, almost every single driver will have driven at some point when they shouldn't have. Whether intoxication or over tiredness etc.

Anyone whom thinks chanting / banter over someone dying of cancer is pretty low and hopefully they will be round up and banned for life from attending any form of football match. Jay was seven when his dad died, the loss that he must feel because of that must be huge and almost certainly the main reason he is here this season, for someone to use that as a banter / chant is low.

I would like to say to Argyle, Well done, the statement they have released is as strongly worded as it can be and a credit to them for doing so quickly and well worded.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have Argyle printed to their tea towels yet? There were mugs last time as well.