• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle vs Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

stuartsdog

Top vids greg what a night

Red & white sing and fight

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Greg

Thanks for the vids, particularly in the face of extreme intimidation by the dog. Clearly you were on the verge of invading the pitch and being a threat to public safety...

Brings it all to life, and great to relive 24 hrs on.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sheridan doing his stack again, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26746354. Looks like neither he nor Argiggle as a whole can stand the pressure.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Save the best till last
the last few minutes and the final whistle
oh and Cheggs new friend on the lead or maybe he thought I looked tasty in my chair!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCXedbXUu9I&list=UUNtyApQKLj_4LcYbGwrhG4g
Great stuff Greg (y)

Morrisman

My view of the match was from the Plymouth stands so enjoyed their fans discomfort especially towards the end of the match. There have been fair descriptions of the match action in earlier contributions but why did Plymouth play so badly? Their players seemed nervous from the start maybe because of the large crowd and maybe because City had finally won convincingly at home in their previous match. There was a distinct lack of passion from the Plymouth players given it was a local derby. City looked far more up for it.

Plymouth certainly missed Alessandra who had developed a good strike partnership with Ruben, so showed very little incisive link up play in the final third. Perhaps more surprisingly when Plymouth tried to close us down they seemed to lose their shape and consequently could not link us well when they did get the ball back. In the second half some of City’s passing was sublime and seemed at time to mesmerize their players. Unlike so many previous games the pattern of passing, particularly on the right, delivered an end product with several good chances created. The pitch was in excellent condition which suited our passing game. No doubt the winter rains and heavy pitches has told against us especially as Tisdale had no real Plan B to cope with such conditions.

As I left the ground there was a lot of unhappy talk amongst the Plymouth fans one of whom said and I quote ”we were outclassed at times”.

An unexpected wonderful night when everything went well (Mr Cole apart!)

No doubt we will get the usual reality check on Saturday when Stanley will set up their stall for a point but then again…….

FAN-TATIC

Sheridan doing his stack again, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26746354. Looks like neither he nor Argiggle as a whole can stand the pressure.
Oh, look! A football manager saying it's the player's fault not his. Who ever would have thought it!

contrabombarde

I really don't like Sheridan's whole attitude though Fan. Much prefer the carrot to the stick attitude for getting the best out of people.

malcolms

I really don't like Sheridan's whole attitude though Fan. Much prefer the carrot to the stick attitude for getting the best out of people.
What about when the donkey eats the carrot and still doesn't move as is the case with many footballers and people in general...?

Last edited:

Red faced

Had to chime in & apols if this repeats previous comments -I don't often post..Saw the highlights today and it seemed that Argyle didn't have a clue what City were doing, esp in the 2nd . They literally could not cope with City's passing and movement off the ball and I thought they look a good 2 divisions better. For a league 2 team - exceptional. Even listening on the radio, you could tell immediately that this was a very different performance to previous away games at Plymouth. As good as I can recall seeing them playing - based on viewing highlights from Oz anyway.

none of it makes sense when I consider the usual home results when I check them early on a sunday morning - but this is not the time for that.

Take a bow lads - anything but a victory would have been a huge injustice. That was phenomenal and you did yourselves proud.

geoffwp

what about when the donkey eats the stick as well?