• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Promising player!

Newtonpop

Haven't looked at earlier thread's so ignore if this has already been quoted but read in the paper this morning that Wolves and Fulham are looking at promising Exeter youngster Liam Sercombe.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I found this a few days ago...

Liam Sercombe

You're all worried about Harley, but unless I've got very confuzzled somewhere, ALL THREE of our midfield are out of contract this summer...

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spanky.. Sercombe : Feb 2009 + 3 years = Feb 2012..
And I just can't believe that City will just sit back and let 3 classy players (in fact, our complete midfield) walk off for free in the near future...

ECFCHUNTY

And I just can't believe that City will just sit back and let 3 classy players (in fact, our complete midfield) walk off for free in the near future...
why not?? we have noble cozic and troy to fill there gaps lol

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
It clearly said 3 years, yes. I assume that meant the two and a half to 2011. The writer of the piece seemed to think that too.

GeraintJones

Cravat 2

Too soon for him to move. He'd be better staying with us and maturing further.

I guess whatever happens we would get money for Liam as he came through the youth system?

Grecian2K

Suggest Sercs might benefit from a quick chat with George F before throwing himself to the Wolves?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Too soon for him to move. He'd be better staying with us and maturing further.

I guess whatever happens we would get money for Liam as he came through the youth system?
Agree completely. He's not good enough for the Prem yet, and a year or two in their reserves will only stunt his development. He could yet be the focal point of our midfield if/when Ryan makes the anticipated jump.

It astounds me how the Wolves supporters can speak so negatively of our George. They bought him when they were in the CCC. He now plays regularly in the... ...CCC. That suggests he was/is good enough.

Does anybody else agree that £350k is on the cheap side? He has the potential to be our first £1m transfer...

LOG

He's not good enough for the Prem yet
Neither are Wolves :)

Otherwise, agree entirely.