• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Promising player!

Cravat 2

Did George lose, though?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
some you lose (George F)!
I still don't get how George lost ?

He never made it in the Prem with Wolves, but he pocketed a lump of cash and got some good experience which saw him in good stead when securing a contract at Donny, he is still a young man with the vast majority of his playing career in front of him, injuries permitting, hardly what I would describe as a loser.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Possibly not in monetary terms, but he didn't establish himself at the club he left us for, and had a couple of unsuccessful loan spells whilst there.
And yes he has established himself with Donny now but for a period he must have been wondering what he had done!

Last edited:

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Possibly not in monetary terms, but he didn't establish himself st the club he left us for, and had a couple of unsuccessful loan spells whilst there.
As well as the cash he moved on in playing terms, need I remind you that we were pretty much dead in the water until he came back on loan.

George strikes me as the kind of lad with exactly the right attitude, maybe some would go off the rails if they had an experience like he did at Wolves, George appears to have taken the good from it and left the bad to lie.

I take your point though that it is possible for young players to make the wrong decision at what turns out to be the wrong time, life teaches you that the only way to avoid making wrong decisions is to make no decisions at all.

I am also certain that, despite the need to get the cash in for Norrie's Christmas bonus, Taggy, Perryman and Cheesy will be giving all of our lads the best advice they can.

GeraintJones

Got asked to answer a few questions about Sercombe from the Wolves fan site, it's online now

http://www.wolves.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=225398