• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stewart Fleetwood - Good striker

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fleetwood brings pace, and it's not that easy to find fast forwards anywhere. I think he'd become a legend!

WillsC88

well judging by todays paper, we could find out within the next few weeks where he'll be playing!

Giant Midget

City's record bid for a player was Stuart Fleetwood.

Antony Moxey

Seems the consensus is we want him to stay - what about our other loanees, Troy and Alex Russell? Personally I don't think Russell has done anything to justify a longer look - one pass to Deano a permanent move does not make - but I'd be happy to spunk a pound or two of the transfer budget on getting Troy here for the start of next season.

Fleets is untried and untested at a higher level with only a proven record of scoring goals at conference level, but without doubt Tisdale sees Stuey as a class striker and he would provide the necessary coaching that would benefit both the player and the club. Fleets and Stanno is definitely a partnership I would love to see next season.

STURTZ

Fleets is untried and untested at a higher level with only a proven record of scoring goals at conference level, but without doubt Tisdale sees Stuey as a class striker and he would provide the necessary coaching that would benefit both the player and the club. Fleets and Stanno is definitely a partnership I would love to see next season.

Tisdale has a remarkable ability to get the best out of players, remember that headless chicken Jamie Mackie?

greenawayr

I think we're all aware that Spurs see Troy as a long term project so there is no chance of us having him on anything other than a loan. I guess it depends on whether our mate Harry wants him playing Championship football or whether he's happy with him being at League 1 level. Personally I think the Championship step up might find him out a bit at this moment in time so League 1 with us for a season would be perfect. Whether Tis and Harry agree with me is another thing altogether.

As for Fleets, he does have something about him, and (Saturday excluded) seems to know where the goal is, but would have been nice to see him score in more than 2 games. Again, the ball is in Charlton's court, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with us shelling out a transfer fee for him especially as it could well be a hefty one given the length of his contract.

finetime

Seems the consensus is we want him to stay - what about our other loanees, Troy and Alex Russell? Personally I don't think Russell has done anything to justify a longer look - one pass to Deano a permanent move does not make - but I'd be happy to spunk a pound or two of the transfer budget on getting Troy here for the start of next season.
Getting Troy would be an unbelievable coup. He was light years ahead of the rest of the team at Brentford and considering he's only 20 whatever was spent would be a great investment for the future. I think we should be calling Spurs up asking for a year loan deal if there's no chance of a transfer.

Russell is a no for me and Fleetwood take it or leave it. If he's not 100% committed on coming and playing for us I'd prefer to find someone who is.

crocks

As for Fleets, he does have something about him, and (Saturday excluded) seems to know where the goal is, but would have been nice to see him score in more than 2 games. Again, the ball is in Charlton's court, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with us shelling out a transfer fee for him especially as it could well be a hefty one given the length of his contract.
Nor would I. If Charlton wanted a hefty transfer fee; then I would say, thanks but no thanks as I think he would be too much of a gamble.

A nominal transfer fee or no fee; then fine. Good addition to the squad.

greenawayr

very much depends on CHarlton's outlook. If they see him as an asset they would like money for then they'll want a fee. If they see him as a liability then they'll be happy with the money saved from him wages. The second seems unlikely to me though!