• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stewart Fleetwood - Good striker

finetime

Too true :D

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Edited for accuracy! ;)

I think the reality is Pete that with crowds in the 12 to 20,000 range they are all ahead of City in cash flow terms. This gives them some flexibility in making projections that may enable them to pay players more than we can.

Alistair20000

Fleetwood is a good striker but can be a glory hunter for example the Rotherham game good chance to cross it to Cozic shots and misses. But he is a good player and we could sign him because of Charlton coming down.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fleetwood is a good striker but can be a glory hunter for example the Rotherham game good chance to cross it to Cozic shots and misses. But he is a good player and we could sign him because of Charlton coming down.
But he'll get the right coaching at the Cat & Fiddle :)

Pete Martin (CTID)

I think the reality is Pete that with crowds in the 12 to 20,000 range they are all ahead of City in cash flow terms. This gives them some flexibility in making projections that may enable them to pay players more than we can.
I don't disagree Malcolm but it's all a bit futile if, in doing so, you get relegated and have points deducted a la Southampton. Ultimately unsustainable imho.

grecIAN Harris

That's what strikers do. That's why strikers score goals and that's why we haven't got one who can score twenty goals a season. All the best strikers are selfish barstewards who will back themselves every time from tighter angle rather than pass it to a midfield colleague in a better position. The best strikers have a natural instinct to find the back of the net first and think about passing later. Their footballing lives are about scoring goals.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't disagree Malcolm but it's all a bit futile if, in doing so, you get relegated and have points deducted a la Southampton. Ultimately unsustainable imho.
Absolutely Pete. If you can't service a reported £30M debt in the Championship, what chance have you got in League 1 without a major input from a new benefactor.

Southampton's population is little more than Exeter's, and nowhere near that of Plymouth for example. Can they sustain gates of 12,000 to 20,000 in League 1, particularly if they get off to a bad start?

STURTZ

Absolutely Pete. If you can't service a reported £30M debt in the Championship, what chance have you got in League 1 without a major input from a new benefactor.

Southampton's population is little more than Exeter's, and nowhere near that of Plymouth for example. Can they sustain gates of 12,000 to 20,000 in League 1, particularly if they get off to a bad start?
Erm I think they already have!

-10 points

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fleetwood is the real deal.

Doesn't have the same work rate as Stanno but his pace is scary. He can finish too, one bad game doesn't change anything...

I get the impression he'l go, on the way back from Lincoln in the services I asked him if he was staying, he replied "Can you afford me?" not in an arrogant way, more of a genuine question...

I hope he does say, because the rest of our strikers hardly set the world alight in L2 and they'l be coming up against much better defences next season...

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Erm I think they already have!

-10 points
Granted Sir! I did realise this - the point I was trying to make was that they need to make a good start or allow their season to rot a la Luton.