• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Boyo

Why is it safe to assume they were offering higher wages than us? They get poor(ish) crowds and havent had any significant player sales in recent years
Bury's P/L showed a loss of £2.5m in the 17/18 season. Our total playing budget is c£1.7m inclusive of the extra budget being allocated due to recent transfer income. I'm not aware of Bury making any large capital expenditure, so along with the caliber of players they have, I think it's fair to assume that they are offering significantly higher wages than us. Unless anyone can shed any light one what they are spending money on?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bury's P/L showed a loss of £2.5m in the 17/18 season. Our total playing budget is c£1.7m inclusive of the extra budget being allocated due to recent transfer income. I'm not aware of Bury making any large capital expenditure, so along with the caliber of players they have, I think it's fair to assume that they are offering significantly higher wages than us. Unless anyone can shed any light one what they are spending money on?
Their 2017 / 2018 accounts don't tell you what they were paying out for players in 2018 / 2019 !!!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Their 2017 / 2018 accounts don't tell you what they were paying out for players in 2018 / 2019 !!!
No they don't, but it'd be a struggle to believe they weren't paying good money, given all the circumstantial evidence.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, I would be very surprised if Bury were organised enough to have relegation clauses in any of their players' contracts. They also didn't get rid of any of their star players and instead signed players of the quality of Nicky Adams and Nicky Maynard.

Saint James

On our doorstep. Anyone actually seen this lad play? Have we missed a non league gem?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48584654

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
On our doorstep. Anyone actually seen this lad play? Have we missed a non league gem?

That’s some record he had at Weymouth. Surely we were aware of him but who knows if we made an approach. Will be a big step up to L1 but Southend may have found a gem.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

Will be interesting. Scored a shedload of goals at this level. But Ben Seymour has a decent scoring record in the same division (though not as massive) but is almost five years younger and is one of our own.

Last edited:

muppetdodger

I see Cardiff back up keeper Murphy is mulling over a deal with them, but at 36 wouldn't he make a good experienced keeper/keeper coach for a club like ours? At 36 might be worth a try.

exeter-loyal

Will be interesting. Scored a shedload of goals at this level. But Ben Seymour has a decent scoring record in the same division (though not as massive) but is almost five years younger and is one of our own.
Personally if you don't see someone like him in the first team this year doubt he will go on at this level.

Jack sparkes is another one, class player just to be loaned out who again is another player that is quite easily good enough in our midfield last season.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster

That ship sailed then.