• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stevie May just signed a 2 1/2 yr extension in jan. would take a proper bid to get him.
They seem to be on dreadful form since Jan and have just sacked their manager weeks ago which might change the situation a bit with that, not always a fee required

DawlishBouy

Just watched half a dozen St Johnstone highlights on youtube. From those games I would suggest May lacks pace, lacks physicality, lacks aerial abilty and is a poor finisher. His goalscoring record since getting injured at Preston about 7 years ago is abysmal. He seems to spend a lot of time appealing for non existant fouls and deflections and gesticulating at team mates for not passing to him. Apart from when they played Celtic the general standard appears to be sub League One.
In the following video is a goal gifted to him by an appalling goalkeeper mistake (30 seconds in)

He scored 2 goals in this game. The first was a good effort but should have been saved. The second is pathetic goalkeeping.

grecIAN Harris

I'd prefer up and coming strikers rather than ones that are just about to go over the edge. For every Jamie Cureton there are nine Clinton Morrison's.

iscalad

I'd prefer up and coming strikers rather than ones that are just about to go over the edge. For every Jamie Cureton there are nine Clinton Morrison's.
Did Jamie Cureton have a t-shirt made in his honour?

Grecian Max

Just watched half a dozen St Johnstone highlights on youtube. From those games I would suggest May lacks pace, lacks physicality, lacks aerial abilty and is a poor finisher. His goalscoring record since getting injured at Preston about 7 years ago is abysmal. He seems to spend a lot of time appealing for non existant fouls and deflections and gesticulating at team mates for not passing to him. Apart from when they played Celtic the general standard appears to be sub League One.
In the following video is a goal gifted to him by an appalling goalkeeper mistake (30 seconds in)

He scored 2 goals in this game. The first was a good effort but should have been saved. The second is pathetic goalkeeping.
Jeez stop being such a rosetinter, I can’t handle this much optimism

Grecian Max

Ian mate the guy is 6 years younger than me he’s hardly ready for the old people’s home

grecIAN Harris

Ian mate the guy is 6 years younger than me he’s hardly ready for the old people’s home
But he isn't going to get any better is he. We might get a season or so out of him before his pace starts to go and then it will be downhill from there. He's hardly going to be like Sam or Jevani in terms of season on season improvement, quite the opposite in reality.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely tribunal fees for Key, Collins and Sparkes (if we offer a deal) will be due?

grecIAN Harris

Surely tribunal fees for Key, Collins and Sparkes (if we offer a deal) will be due?
So tell us something we don't already know.....