• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

sign of the chimes

Loving the link to Clark Robertson link @ryancooper327 - and the mention of the Israel link.

A cultured left-sided centre-half, if he stays fit, but having the usual chuckle about departing pros seeking opportunities closer to their families spiel - Roberston is based in Aberdeen I think - when there are links to Israel and Devon (notwithstanding your airport!) being made. I fully expect him to end up at Perth Glory.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the link to Clark Robertson link @ryancooper327 - and the mention of the Israel link.

A cultured left-sided centre-half, if he stays fit, but having the usual chuckle about departing pros seeking opportunities closer to their families spiel - Roberston is based in Aberdeen I think - when there are links to Israel and Devon (notwithstanding your airport!) being made. I fully expect him to end up at Perth Glory.
Hmm...

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reading today's piece in Devon Live makes you realise just what a rebuilding job GC has on his hands. Much of the focus rightly has been on whether we receive a bid for Sam Nombe but as DL say "The Grecians do have a raft of players who are out of contract in 2024. They include last season’s top goalscorer Sam Nombe, defenders Alex Hartridge and Cheick Diabate, wing-back Demetri Mitchell, midfielder Harry Kite, as well as teenagers Harry Lee, Sonny Cox and Pedro Borges. Whilst I wouldn't have thought Borges was only given a 1 year deal it highlights just how many contract negotiations the club will have just to keep some of those on board as otherwise our ability to generate transfers will substantially diminish. Harry (Kite) for example will be 23 at the end of this month and Hartridge is already 24. I would imagine the club would want to know before January whether those players will resign if not before?

STURTZ

If I was in the queue to sign Jevani I would seriously consider buying Sam as well, great combo.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Luke Southwood released by Reading. Would be a cracking signing
Good shout, apart from his time wasting :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see last summer's equivalent thread had a suggestion for Oscar Rutherford. Still a good shout for a right wing back?

dontpassback

Good shout, apart from his time wasting :)
Was he the keeper at Cheltenham who took an age to do anything?

Grecianman135

Probably not a popular opinion but I would genuinely consider taking Jephcott yes he's a green but there's a good player there,and I'm sure many said the same about when we signed Ruben Reid.. 👀

iscalad

Probably not a popular opinion but I would genuinely consider taking Jephcott yes he's a green but there's a good player there,and I'm sure many said the same about when we signed Ruben Reid.. 👀
We've signed loads of players from Argyle in the past. Should Never been a problem.

Antony Moxey

I heard exactly the same this morning minus WBA, Preston and Blackburn from a mate who volunteers on match days.
Genuine question: why would he know?