• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would be the only Championship contract Archie will be able to get so can see him jumping for MT there.
Yep, MT was always a fan and generally got the best out of him

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have been informed from an untested source, quite literally a friend of a friend who allegedly knows someone who knows Archie Collins :ROFLMAO: , that Archie is off to Rotherham, and Key has interest from no fewer than 4 Championship clubs in West Brom, Preston, Swansea, and Blackburn.
I heard exactly the same this morning minus WBA, Preston and Blackburn from a mate who volunteers on match days.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
In relation to Key and Swansea, unless the Swans signings are dictated by a DOF rather than the manager, could Russell Martin's defection to the Saints possibly scupper that move ?

Grecianman135

I heard exactly the same this morning minus WBA, Preston and Blackburn from a mate who volunteers on match days.
Is he really good enough for any of the four? squad player at best, probably in his interest to stay,work on his finishing and maybe look to cash in next summer? other than possibly Rotherham is he Championship standard??

Really? I like him,and no saying one day he won't end up there just doesn't look like it right this second.

Subsequently if we get any money for him then that's fine are we due any compo??

ryancooper327

Still think we should look at Dan Batty and Albie Morgan if they are still available. Big signings to set our CM up for the foreseeable.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is he really good enough for any of the four? squad player at best, probably in his interest to stay,work on his finishing and maybe look to cash in next summer? other than possibly Rotherham is he Championship standard??

Really? I like him,and no saying one day he won't end up there just doesn't look like it right this second.

Subsequently if we get any money for him then that's fine are we due any compo??
Key is out of contract this summer so he'd have to agree a new one with us if we were going to cash in next summer. We are due compensation now. I don't think compensation would apply next summer as he'd be too (he'll be 24 in November).

So if he signed a one year contract he can leave for free next summer. If he signs a two year contract then it probably means there really isn't any concrete interest from elsewhere anyway so we'd be unlikely to cash in next summer, barring him having a wonder season.

I like Key. He's not perfect but I think he's one of our most consistent attacking threats. He's nearly always on the front foot. I imagine there is interest from Championship clubs for that very reason. I think he'll go this summer and as he has made 129 appearances we should get a reasonable tribunal fee.

tom_ecfc

It would be a shame if both leave purely that we (the fans) won‘t be able to give them a proper send off. But that’s football for you!

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
It would be a shame if both leave purely that we (the fans) won‘t be able to give them a proper send off. But that’s football for you!
Well, that’s not exactly true. We’ve known they were likely to leave for nigh on twelve months.

tom_ecfc

Well, that’s not exactly true. We’ve known they were likely to leave for nigh on twelve months.
That’s true, but not the same as in person. It would be good to see both go (if they do) to a higher division to showcase how well our academy can produce players, we know that, but outsiders may not.

ryancooper327

Transfer window predictions with players coming in picked from released/available for transfers (and Chrisene because why not). Nothing backing up any of these bar the initial couple rumours swirling around. We won't be able to get some of the players in the final column but I'm not Marcus F so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

ReleasedNot re-signedTransferred OutScholarsRe-signedTransferred In**
SparkesCollins -> RotherhamNombe -> more London wayPedro Borges (in first team)Woods(GK) Luke McGee / Dimitar Mitov
BrownKey -> SwanseaHartridge -> RotherhamEd James(RCB) Udoka Godwin-Malife / Frankie Kent
BlackmanGrounds -> More nothernSweeney -> league 2 clubMitch Beardmore(LCB) Clark Robertson (if he doesn't go to Israel!)
Stanno*McDonald -> More northernGabriel Billington(RWB) Kane Vincent-Young / Tennai Watson
Chauke*Joe O'Connor(LWB) Ben Chrisene (loan) ./ Cameron Borthwick-Jackson
White*Harrison King(CM) Dan Batty / Jeando Fuchs
Harper*Max Edgecombe(CM) Josh Sheehan / Liam Kelly
(CM) Albie Morgan
*loan end(CF) Macauley Bonne / Cole Stockton
(CF) Harvey Knibbs
2x extra loans?
**wishlist!