• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just need to find a lwb now whose a free agent

Bridgy 81

Although I've been equally anxious and frustrated during this transfer window, like most people I suspect, I think it's turned out ok.
An excellent goalkeeper signed up (albeit only for one year), a solid looking midfielder with higher league experience, a young midfielder from a Premier League team who we're developing but is likely to come in useful for us, a tall striker, who's different in style to our current ones, with a decent goalscoring record and now of course Jay.
We've only lost Alfie who hadn't really featured in our first team and for whom we've got money and we haven't had any of our promotion winning squad snaffled away.
We maybe one or two short of a 'complete' squad and have had to rely quite heavily on loans but you can't have everything so I think the club has done pretty well in what sounded to me like a difficult market this summer.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
MT clearly wants out with that comment…

I can’t believe how the window has gone, where are the “have patience” boys 😂
Present and correct sir.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the club has done pretty well in what sounded to me like a difficult market this summer.
All's Well That Ends Well, as Mr Shakespeare said. Glad it wasn't a Midsummer Night's Dream.

denzil

Take it all back - well done MT and J.S.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just need to find a lwb now whose a free agent
Think George Friend is injured at the minute. Perhaps he could get his Birmingham contract cancelled by mutual consent when he's fit again and bingo!

STURTZ

So that's the word on welling up street!

Going to be emotional...

Grecian Max

Present and correct sir.
Its a cracking signing, as noted in the other thread (how many do we need!)

However we are -2 with Pond (who would have been called in I'm sure) and Coley so still need another 2 IMO. MT thought/thinks the same so its not even a debate!

Grecian Max

Think George Friend is injured at the minute. Perhaps he could get his Birmingham contract cancelled by mutual consent when he's fit again and bingo!
Now that would be excellent

Colesman Ballz

So that's the word on welling up street!

Going to be emotional...
You are Vinny Jones and I claim my five quid ! :)