• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The bos shakeup

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wasn't prepared to trust my votes to someone to pass on so Postman Pat will have to be employed.
I trusted mine to next door's black and white cat, she chewed it up and spat it out, best thing that could have happened to it.

Trust Elections are a farce, a pointless waste of time and money, the same little cabal will continue to take us down the road to vapid obscurity, ultimately becoming an irrelevance as they enjoy their playtime excesses with what we laughingly call "Our" football club.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
^^^^ Which brings me back to the theme of allowing BoS candidates to openly campaign and be vigorously interrogated by the electorate to ensure the best people win ...

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is being raised as an item for discussion at the AGM. I think there is a real appetite to look at this rule as a whole.

Poultice

This is being raised as an item for discussion at the AGM. I think there is a real appetite to look at this rule as a whole.
The real appetite should be to ask why this diktat was applied in the first place.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fundamentally the answer is that the rule formed part of the standard set of rules issued from Supporters' Direct. I believe Neil Le Milliere is to discuss this at the AGM should anybody be interested in this item.

Alistair20000

Fundamentally the answer is that the rule formed part of the standard set of rules issued from Supporters' Direct. I believe Neil Le Milliere is to discuss this at the AGM should anybody be interested in this item.
I would like there to be a motion to scrap this rule. To save me looking up the procedures could you please advise how to go about this.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
I wasn't prepared to trust my votes to someone to pass on so Postman Pat will have to be employed.

If you are elected I trust you will strive for improvement.
I obviously can't comment either way on that as it would be canvassing for votes which is banned.

To put a motion fortward to the AGM contact trust secretary Jim Enright (contact details on the ECFCST site I'd hope) with a formal proposal in the form "I propose..."

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Fair enough if it came in as part of a template. Would be a good step forward to amend it to allow canvassing so people get a better idea of who the candidates are, what they stand for and what they could contribute. ...

Antony Moxey

Fundamentally the answer is that the rule formed part of the standard set of rules issued from Supporters' Direct.
Can't we have our own set of rules? As pretty much everyone who's commented has said, it's ridiculous that potential candidates aren't allowed to canvas, and if there's some poor exile who can't get his message across, well perhaps he's not cut out to be a BOSser after all.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Board of Society remains committed to appraising its existing rules and constitution. Indeed this work is being tackled through the Trust Membership Working Group.

I would be hopeful that a new Board of Society would be able to agree a new rule which will be policeable and which will be more in tune with the modern world...

More to follow.