• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The bos shakeup

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also vote Larry has managed to stay on Word on Well Street. I definately saw Bond stand at Wembley if that helps.
Conspiracy theories abound, the vote Bondy thread has been exiled to the wasteland that is anything to do with the Trust, the ugly head of censorship and bias has reared and shown us where the sympathies of the clique which runs Exeweb and dare I say, the Club, lie.

A sad day for the democratic process.

Antony Moxey

The rule on cavassing is entrentched in the rules of the majority of Trust's up and down the country. I believe the reason for this rule is the belief that allowing canvassing, actually disadvantages exiled supporters, whom have less capacity to do this, owing to their geographic location.

For the record I totally disagree with this and would support any new BOS in overturning this rule.

Martin Lawrence
Then perhaps, because of their geographic location, they would be unsuitable for a position on the BOS? TBH it seems to me that everything these days has to be done so that the bloody Exiles aren't disadvantaged - ticketing, priority groups, BOS canvassing - it's always 'but what about the exiles, it's unfair on them'.

It is. Shame. :cool:

Grecian_Jay

Then perhaps, because of their geographic location, they would be unsuitable for a position on the BOS? TBH it seems to me that everything these days has to be done so that the bloody Exiles aren't disadvantaged - ticketing, priority groups, BOS canvassing - it's always 'but what about the exiles, it's unfair on them'.

It is. Shame. :cool:
Spot on. If they cared that much they wouldn't have moved away. Part-timers.

Pete Martin (CTID)

When discussing this on the BoS site, there were 3/4 people who felt that this rule should be amended so that only canvassing which incur costs and negative campaigning against other candidates - but the rest didnt respond so the Trust Secretary didnt feel there was enough of a mandate for change.
As one of those who did bother to respond I would say that I have always been in favour of canvassing for BoS elections and would advocate an open forum/debate with each candidate open to face-to-face question from the electorate. I have always believed that should happen.

Of course that might disenfranchise the Exiles.... ;)

Alistair20000

As one of those who did bother to respond I would say that I have always been in favour of canvassing for BoS elections and would advocate an open forum/debate with each candidate open to face-to-face question from the electorate. I have always believed that should happen.

Of course that might disenfranchise the Exiles.... ;)
Agreed. Open forum and debate needed.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
When discussing this on the BoS site, there were 3/4 people who felt that this rule should be amended so that only canvassing which incur costs and negative campaigning against other candidates - but the rest didnt respond so the Trust Secretary didnt feel there was enough of a mandate for change.
Clearly, it's a ridiculous rule. However, my recollection is that by the time it came to light we were told it was too late to change if for this year's elections.

Alistair20000

Clearly, it's a ridiculous rule. However, my recollection is that by the time it came to light we were told it was too late to change if for this year's elections.
The torpor of the stagnant waters of the BoS. :(

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The torpor of the stagnant waters of the BoS. :(
Don't disagree with you but it's the secretary's responsibility to enforce the rules and he's bound by the constitution.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Well expect this to get even less coverage as it seems all trust threads are being moved on to the wilds of the trust forum. I've made my objections on the development forum. How trust matters aren't important enough to be on WoWS when a thread about us getting Leon Clarke on loan is which is clearly full of crap is....

PeteUSA

How trust matters aren't important enough to be on WoWS when a thread about us getting Leon Clarke on loan is which is clearly full of crap is....
I totally agree, a thread with nearly 200 responses, which is vitally important to the clubs future gets dumped here, where hardly anybody bothers to read anything, and a thread about our 'green chums' which has f*ck all to do with Exeter City remains near the top of the heap on WoW's!

Crazy decision.