• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Feckin' Dire Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, Got this msg below when they rejected my sig too:

Sorry, we can’t accept the petition you supported – “Desecration of two World War 2 war graves of HMS Prince of Wales / HMS Repulse”.

It included confidential, libellous, false, unproven or defamatory information, or a reference to a case where there are active legal proceedings.

We cannot accept petitions that include accusations of wrongdoing, which includes accusations of illegal salvaging operations. We have published the following petition, which you might like to sign: Urge other nations to prevent looting of British shipwrecks

Also saying i can sign a similar one.
Yes that was the message

DB9

Yes that was the message
One thing though, Ramone got us talking about it and I've seen it mentioned nationally, Hopefully the raising the awareness of what was happening might do some good and stop this vile grave robbing.

DB9

Sad to see Captain Sir Tom Moore's name and memory being dragged through the mud regarding his foundation.

Alistair20000

Sad to see Captain Sir Tom Moore's name and memory being dragged through the mud regarding his foundation.
I cannot work out what the problem is here from the limited information available but as you say this is a sad turn of events after all Sir Tom did

Oldsmobile-88

Thames Water pumping millions of gallons of untreated sewage into a river, then deliberately hindering the Environment Agency’s investigation.
A laughable £3m fine for a company that everyone knows has not got two pennies to rub together..

Alistair20000

Thames Water pumping millions of gallons of untreated sewage into a river, then deliberately hindering the Environment Agency’s investigation.
A laughable £3m fine for a company that everyone knows has not got two pennies to rub together..
Some humans need to be brought to account over this. Utterly pointless fining a corporate body that will simply pass the cost on to customers, or in this case may not pay at all and declare insolvency :mad:

Oldsmobile-88

Some humans need to be brought to account over this. Utterly pointless fining a corporate body that will simply pass the cost on to customers, or in this case may not pay at all and declare insolvency :mad:
Indeed....In the industry I worked in, a similar sized fcku up which involved a large fire on a medium pressure main resulted in not only a large fine but the senior management who oversaw ultimately poor work practice, sacked... 5hite rolled upwards for a change.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
It would be amusing if this twonk got 5 years in prison !

Oldsmobile-88

It would be amusing if this twonk got 5 years in prison !

Reminded me of a Soviet Union era poster for Georgia In the late 1950s that I saw recently.

“Protect Cultural Monuments”

DE92C601-EA99-420F-94C6-95A73DA351D0.jpeg

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Now, personally I'm with Virgin Media and like it - their interface is far better than Sky (IMO), however, I was particularly interested to read this given my sister's experience:

Virgin Media investigated over contract cancellations - BBC News

My sister's story - her MiL passed away last September. She got onto them to notify them to cancel the contract, only to be asked for password details and such like, so eventually transferred the account to her name. She then continued to battle to get the contract cancelled, with on one occasion being asked "is your mother in law sat with you?" - NO, SHE'S DEAD FFS!

Having given them a deadline to sort things out and refund her the cost of the services since her death, they didn't meet it so she complained to the Ombudsman. They gave VM a deadline to respond with an offer, with a few minutes to spare they did so with a derisory offer that didn't even cover the amount paid - then got abusive when my sister said to try again with a proper offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.