• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Feckin' Dire Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
2 different councils innit. Devon County responsible for potholes.
Good point, well made but too conveniently ignored so often.
ECC has no administration over the highways network in Exeter. That power resides with the (predominantly Conservative) Council based in Topsham Road. Who also have the control (and resulting bunce) from all on-street parking in our City.
Sadly, having lost their former captive cash-points in Torbay & Plymouth, they have historically fought tooth and nail to deny our City similar Unitary status.
Incidentally the Cabinet Member behind many of these hare-brained schemes has long been Cllr Stuart Hughes of Sidmouth. Once, famously, of the Monster Raving Loony Party, but for a long time now, of the even more Monstrously Raving Tory Party.

Oldsmobile-88

Not had one yet, although I live in the affected area.
Pigs ear they made at the bottom of Sweetbriar Lane.
The closure of Dryden Road just down from the Wonford Hospital entrance is mental(no pun intended) A temporary measure during the pandemic everyone was told. Permanent now, without any sort of scrutiny. All it’s achieved is to push traffic onto the narrower Bovemoors Lane, busses included, now exit a nasty T junction onto Barrack Rd.

Alistair20000

2 different councils innit. Devon County responsible for potholes.
Layers of bureaucracy = increased costs and incompetence :mad:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
We've avoided Morrisons for the last few weeks because of this.
No , Not the roundabout works going on outside the Morrisons store the little one at Quick print that they mucked up

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
The closure of Dryden Road just down from the Wonford Hospital entrance is mental(no pun intended) A temporary measure during the pandemic everyone was told. Permanent now, without any sort of scrutiny. All it’s achieved is to push traffic onto the narrower Bovemoors Lane, busses included, now exit a nasty T junction onto Barrack Rd.
And the now one way system in Wonford rd (the other side of Barrack Rd

iscalad

No , Not the roundabout works going on outside the Morrisons store the little one at Quick print that they mucked up
Yes, that's what I understood, but there are delays around Morrisons as well.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, that's what I understood, but there are delays around Morrisons as well.
Not as much as you would think tbh

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's what these measures always do: cause inconvenience, and achieve little or nothing because the traffic is merely shifted somewhere else.

iscalad

Just received a DCC leaflet about a scheme for Heavitree and Whipton.
Got mine yesterday. Who votes for these morons??

Oldsmobile-88

Status
Not open for further replies.