• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Feckin' Dire Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Now, personally I'm with Virgin Media and like it - their interface is far better than Sky (IMO), however, I was particularly interested to read this given my sister's experience:

Virgin Media investigated over contract cancellations - BBC News

My sister's story - her MiL passed away last September. She got onto them to notify them to cancel the contract, only to be asked for password details and such like, so eventually transferred the account to her name. She then continued to battle to get the contract cancelled, with on one occasion being asked "is your mother in law sat with you?" - NO, SHE'S DEAD FFS!

Having given them a deadline to sort things out and refund her the cost of the services since her death, they didn't meet it so she complained to the Ombudsman. They gave VM a deadline to respond with an offer, with a few minutes to spare they did so with a derisory offer that didn't even cover the amount paid - then got abusive when my sister said to try again with a proper offer.
They're legendary. Our account is in my name but the wife pays it. We can't get it changed. My daughter who works for the company couldn't get it changed! I've got no understanding of why they have this particular business practice.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
These hairbrained schemes that seem to be cropping up around Exeter with closing roads with planters etc to stop traffic !

How much is this costing everyone ? Magdalen Rd shut for months with little to show for it than a couple of parking bays for lorries who deliver goods normally first thing in the morning instead of spending money on this enormous white elephant why not use a fraction of the money used on this to fill in some of the bloody big holes in our road system causing thousands of pounds worth of damage to vehicles mine included !!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
These hairbrained schemes that seem to be cropping up around Exeter with closing roads with planters etc to stop traffic !

How much is this costing everyone ? Magdalen Rd shut for months with little to show for it than a couple of parking bays for lorries who deliver goods normally first thing in the morning instead of spending money on this enormous white elephant why not use a fraction of the money used on this to fill in some of the bloody big holes in our road system causing thousands of pounds worth of damage to vehicles mine included !!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Just received a DCC leaflet about a scheme for Heavitree and Whipton.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

2 different councils innit. Devon County responsible for potholes.

iscalad

Just received a DCC leaflet about a scheme for Heavitree and Whipton.
Not had one yet, although I live in the affected area.
Pigs ear they made at the bottom of Sweetbriar Lane.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the quick print roundabout or the god awful cycle lane ?

iscalad

At the quick print roundabout or the god awful cycle lane ?
Cycle lane....🤬

Haven't been that way in a while. What's with the roundabout?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently not everyone has had one I didnt get one yet my neighbour did , go figure.

A trip I normally take to Morrisons less than half a mile or so will take around 3 miles now adding to more pollution and congestion.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cycle lane....🤬

Haven't been that way in a while. What's with the roundabout?
Closed the road at quick print for almost a week putting in speed humps which were like going on an RAC rally course then at the start of this week they closed it again to reduce them as so many cars / trucks had been damaged no matter what speed you were doing !
Just wondering if the firm employed to put them in originally fixed the problem with their money instead of the council paying for it again ?

iscalad

Apparently not everyone has had one I didnt get one yet my neighbour did , go figure.

A trip I normally take to Morrisons less than half a mile or so will take around 3 miles now adding to more pollution and congestion.
We've avoided Morrisons for the last few weeks because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.