• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The McCormick Treatment...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think you mean that.
Yer, teach me to post before proof reading. Insert ‘gives stick to someone who’ after the fourth word. Some typo eh?

Angus

People actually read what I write because I say stuff as I mean it, so I’m just going to write exactly what I think about him and why he deserves the abuse and then never come on this thread again

That night luke picked up a bottle and drank it, he then got in a car and drove, something we all know is dangerous and illegal. It’s illegal because you can kill people doing it. Everybody knows that, it’s an old law nowadays!

He drank, then drank some more, got in a car and drove and ended two young lives that night. The bloke deserves bottles being thrown on the pitch. What the heck was he thinking drink driving

And if anyone here is reading this and drink drives, you can sod off as well and block me, you’re also scum.

Drink driving is stupid, people who do it deserve nothing in life.

Sorry but it’s how I personally feel about people putting my life at risk because you can afford alcohol but evidently not a taxi!

IndoMike

The family of the boys will never recover from what happened, will think about those boys every day and about all the time they are missing with them. It's a tremendously hard burden to bear and I don't know how they can get through it.
Mccormick : does he forever feel guilt about his gross irresponsibility? We don't know. If he does, the chanting from the crowd serves little purpose since he won't need reminding of what he has done. If he doesn't feel guilty, then the chanting will have very little impact.
It's nice to sit in judgment and feel superior to others, but turning a very serious event which had terrible consequences into a pantomime performance at SJP in my opinion does little to help the parents and certainly cannot bring back the two boys.
In the end, it's a question of "an eye for an eye" or "he who hath not sinned caste the first stone". I'm not a religious person and confess to have very mixed feelings about this matter. But I just don't see what good the chanting does and am not sure that most of the chanters really give much of a sh*t about what transpired ten years ago.

Grecian Max

A football crowd isn’t a static thing that adheres to particular rules. I don’t understand why every time people get their Puritan knickers in a twist. He’s a scumbag, served little time and showed no remorse, 10 years makes no difference he deserves all he gets.

It’s all very well writing paragraph after paragraph of hand wringing - it won’t make any difference the next time he plays against us, if that ever happens again given that he’s seeing out the final years of his career. If it makes you feel better taking the imaginary high ground by posting some internet text go ahead.

Ultimately it clearly got in his head, whether you find that distasteful or not. Nothing better than seeing the ball fly past him in front of the bank for me.

tavyred

I have a feeling that LM’s personal demons will trump anything that some bunch of yoofs on the BB can conjure up.

PeteUSA

I have a feeling that LM’s personal demons will trump anything that some bunch of yoofs on the BB can conjure up.
I agree. McCormick will spend the remainder of his days trying to adopt a point of view where he can carry on in this world. No matter what he does, he'll never get over it. Max says above "he's showed no remorse"; How on earth is he meant to display satisfactory remorse? Its whats going on inside that's probably crushing him. Whether he deserves it or not, he's probably received no end of counselling to come to terms with what he did to some degree. I certainly wouldnt be part of a crowd abusing him from behind a goal; it serves no point. IMHO he knows what he did, without 90 minutes worth of reminders.

Last edited:

arthur

Genuinely couldn’t care less about the treatment the child killer receives. .
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you volunteer to hang two ten year olds a few years ago?

Grecian68

From what I've heard, he gives up a large chunk of his salary to charities, so obviously he has demons to live with.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
History suggests the answer is pretty clear. Footballers who have done terrible things are never forgiven ...

... until he signs for your club.
IF we ever sunk that low to even think about signing this POS then my ST would returned asap.

Antony Moxey

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you volunteer to hang two ten year olds a few years ago?
What’s that got to do with the price of fish?